Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
||Network Operations Engineer
||As a Network Operations Engineer at Webtech Wireless, you will be responsible for supporting a high transaction, globally distributed ASP infrastructure. You are team-oriented and a fast learner who combines excellent operational judgment with network, management and troubleshooting skills. You learn quickly, adapt well to change, and can manage multiple objectives at one time. You are able to maintain a high sense of urgency while staying calm under pressure.
- Installing, configuring, monitoring, researching, troubleshooting and data set maintenance in a high availability production environment.
- Monitoring data-flow through multiple data-processing environments.
- Modifying database and system configurations to support changes in data processing operations.
- Researching data and operational discrepancies based on customer, support team, and systems administrator feedback.
- Participating in after-hours rotational on-call schedules
- Four years related experience
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 and some Linux computer system administration, data center operations, and familiarity with supporting and operating in production (customer facing) computing environments
- Must have solid SQL (MS SQL 2008, 2012 and some MySQL) maintenance experience
- Network management and security
- Alerting and Monitoring (SNMP, Nagios)
- Scripting Languages (Bash, Power Shell, Perl, PHP,ASP)
- Server hardware maintenance (IBM, HP)
- Data backup and recovery
- Firewall/VPN (Fortinet, Juniper, Cisco)
- DNS and domain name administration
- Web server technologies, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Java script
- Directory Services Administration (Active Directory, LDAP)
- Wireless industry experience an asset
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and responsibly in a demanding fast-paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail required
- ·Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience