Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
WAXIE Sanitary Supply has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative at our Santa Ana, CA division.
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is the largest privately-held distributor of sanitary supplies and equipment in the United States. A dynamic and progressive company, WAXIE's reputation as a leader in the sanitary supply industry is attributed to its comprehensive inventory and world-class customer service. With over 800 employees and 20 locations throughout the northern and western states, WAXIE continues to flourish by building lasting relationships in the commercial, industrial, contractor and institutional market areas and by employing a knowledgeable and loyal team of employees who are committed to servicing the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall gross margin results within a defined account base.
- Responsible for increasing sales within existing accounts, developing new business through target accounts, and personal and professional growth and development.
- Create a business plan for developing new business and increasing existing business.
- Responsible for pricing information.
- Manage business activity and development through company required software programs.
- Effectively use company-sponsored tools for time and territory management.
- Manage credit issues as they apply to accounts that are past due.
- Respond to reports and other communication requested by management.
- Participate in company-sponsored promotions and new product introduction.
- Build rapport and relationships with key customers.
- Identify customer needs. Recommend appropriate products, systems, and programs to expand product mix.
- Identify target accounts in conjunction with management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to drive to customer locations.
- Ability to interact professionally with vendors, customers and division personnel.
- Previous sales or customer service experience.
- Ability to work independently and build strong relationships
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, selling, and presentation skills.
- Training abilities to enhance customer knowledge.
- Janitorial supply or related industry experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and utilize Prophet software program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous AS400 (Aplus) experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
Because the employees are WAXIE's most valued resource, WAXIE offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, 401(k), Paid Vacation & Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, Bonus Programs and Employee Recognition Programs.
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA M/F/V/D Employer