If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
The Regional Recruiter/Senior Regional Recruiter is responsible for proactively sourcing, recruiting and screening prospects for Financial Advisor, District Manager, Associate Managing Principal and Managing Principal positions within an assigned territory to meet sales force growth goals.
||o Proactively headhunt and build a network of experience financial advisor candidates – identifying them via multiple methods such as: internet research, competitor websites, lead list database, referrals, running phone lines, networking, industry groups/events, LinkedIn, centers of influence. Taylor conversation around candidate’s hot buttons, experience and challenges.
o Develop and implement a recruiting strategy with each Managing Principal in the assigned territory.
o Act as third-party endorsement, working in tandem with field leadership to move candidates to the next step in the recruiting process.
o Provide support to managers in preparation for candidate meetings and schedule meetings for candidates with managers as appropriate.
o Utilize contact management system/candidate tracking system: entering pertinent information on all new prospective recruits; add detailed notes on sales/recruiting activities (phone calls, emails, appointments, drip marketing correspondence) and conversations (intel, questions, hot buttons); set forward-looking appointments and phone calls; capture and link referral information.
• Understand and communicate Waddell & Reed’s value proposition for advisors and field leaders and differentiate us from the competition.
o Ability to demonstrate and make tangible our unique story: Culture, Practice Management (growth/efficiency), Financial Planning (product/process).
o Stay abreast of Waddell & Reed’s competitive advantages, key personnel and subject matter expert offerings, compensation, technology, marketing, products, services, support and selling agreements.
o Develop, disseminate and maintain knowledge concerning our competitors’ product/ service/ support offerings and compensation packages in order to identify key points of differentiation. Understand how we compete against and recruit to all sub-segments of the industry.
o Implement new recruiting methods, tools, sources, processes and national recruiting events – making recommendations on expenditures.
o Incorporate sales methodology and techniques; utilize probing questions, listening and interviewing skills.
o Communicate Choice platform and product gaps to Senior Recruiting Manager and SVP – Recruiting.
• Participate in field leader training: Choice Recruiting 101, 201, New MP and MP conferences and/or skill-building sessions.
• Continue to market to and follow-up with Classic candidates in our database:
o Targeted career fields to discuss the benefits of changing career paths.
o Early retirees to discuss an extended career as a financial advisor.
o Recent college graduates and MBA graduates to discuss a career as a financial advisor.
|Skills & Experience Needed
||• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years headhunting/proactive recruiting/staffing experience
• Ability to thrive in a challenging recruiting/sales environment
• Effective sales/interpersonal/communication skills
• Critical-thinking, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office and internet experience
• Impeccable references and attendance record
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management with professionalism and diplomacy.
• Solid knowledge of the financial services industry preferred