Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Service Desk Analyst/Service Co-ordinator
|Job Type :
|Reports To :
||Manager ICT Student Support
|Position Summary :
||The Service Desk Analyst/Service Co-ordinator is responsible for providing 1st level help desk support of computer hardware and software, telephony, and media technology incidents and problems as reported by University faculty and staff. The analyst is expected to provide quality 1st call resolution (technical support) to as many incidents and problems as possible and therefore must maintain an appropriate level of knowledge in all university standard hardware, software, media technology, and peripherals. After appropriate triage, the incumbent will create a ticket in the Service Management tool to be passed on to the second and/or third level support teams if appropriate.
The incumbent is expected to work with technical support staff in other departments of the University to ensure that the services offered by ITS meet the requirements of the institution.
The incumbent is expected to provide the necessary inputs to the rest of the organization in terms of the kind and the level of support needed to meet the requirements of end-users. Some of the services provided include remote and in person (walk up) 1st level technical support for IT hardware and software, telephony, video and classroom technology, documentation, training and applications support. Given the diversity of users in the University, the breath of hardware and software knowledge required to reside in this group is high.
Interpersonal interactions are required on an ongoing basis with all departments at the Brantford Campus, the Waterloo Campus, and Kitchener Campus.
This position is also responsible for service management activities such as coordinating service level agreements, procedure and process documentation , service request workflow development, service management metrics and student governance initiatives The incumbent must have excellent knowledge of the ITIL framework.
||Service Management – 1st level support
• Provides 1st level technical support to customers in accordance with well defined Service Desk principles;
• Work to provide 1st call resolution of service issues and implement solutions that provide long term benefit and increased efficiency in university operations;
• Analyses user requests/incidents/problems and provides workable solutions whenever possible or appropriate;
• Arranges for the resolution of incidents and/or problems outside the scope of the Service Desk by escalation to second and third level support by entering the incident or problem into the Service Management system;
• Provides second or third level support for their areas of expertise;
• Provides information regarding ICT policies, procedures, facilities, and supported computing and telephone hardware/software to all levels of the university community;
• Document problem trends so as to advise management as to possible systemic issues and/or training requirements;
• Troubleshoots computers and associated peripherals;
• Demonstrates, recommends, and supports University standard computer software on University owned computers;
• Administers user access and upgrades on University licensed software;
• Carries out other user support activities as directed by the Manager Employee Service Desk;
• Ensure that service requests and incidents are logged, assigned, and resolved in accordance with service level commitments;
• Identify need for training solutions for end users and communicate to Manager Employee Service Desk;
• Escalates user issues to second and third tier support within the ITS organization and owns the issue through to resolution;
• Develop, document and implement technical support operating procedures; suggest system modification to improve service delivery;
• Provides back up to ICT Student Service Desk as required
• Day to day support of an environment that includes a multitude of computing environments including but not limited to; Microsoft Technologies including Windows operating systems, GroupWise/ E-Directory, and Novell OS;
• Hardware support of university standard equipment including but not limited to laptops, computer, peripherals, iPads, Playbooks, and Blackberries;
• Software support of but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suites, PDF Creator, CD burning software, and Internet Explorer;
• Basic support and triage of network connectivity - DNS, DHCP, and TCPIP;
• Basic support and triage of media equipment - projectors, sound equipment, and microphones;
• Responsible for administering Service Level Agreements between ITS and other University departments. Activities included but not limited to coordinating renewals of SLAs, documenting SLAs, and creating and communicating SLA metrics to clients.
• Creates and maintains Service Level Agreements in the Service Management tool
• Responsible for creation of Service Request workflows in Service Management tool - including documenting processes, designing workflows, testing workflows, and creating end user documentation
• Document Service Desk procedures and processes, reviewing and updating on a regular basis
• Create, maintain, and communicate service management metrics
• Other activities as assigned
• Sits on the ICT Student Governance committee and is responsible for managing execution of the committee initiatives
||• This position requires a College diploma. • This position requires 2-3 years of work experience in a technical support related field or Call Center/Help Desk environment as a 1st level support specialist, or consultant. • Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation and prioritizing abilities in a multi-task environment. • Technical experience in Microsoft Office Suites, Windows Operating Systems, GroupWise, Adobe PDF Creator, Novell, Internet Explorer, basic network connectivity including IP addresses. • Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills. • Proven ability to work under deadlines and manage changing priorities. • Strong knowledge of client support processes and practices; • Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of co-workers, faculty and staff. • Experience creating end user and technical documentation. • Must be logical and have excellent Excel knowledge. • ITIL foundations certification required. • A+ certification an asset.
||$25.86 - $30.43
|Please Note :
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.