Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||International Partner Relations Coordinator
||international Recruitment & Admissions
|Job Type :
|Reports To :
||Manager, International Recruitment & Admissions
|Position Summary :
||As part of Laurier’s Global Engagement Strategy, and reporting to the Manager, International Recruitment and Admissions, the International Partner Relations Coordinator works as a member of the Recruitment and Admissions team to ensure the enrolment management goals of the university at large are met while also being cognisant and supportive of a multi-campus environment. This team will implement strategic plans to advance the position of Wilfrid Laurier University nationally and internationally as a destination for high calibre students.
Responsibilities will be to coordinate all activities involving support of Laurier agents, associates and overseas regional representatives. The incumbent will work closely with the International Recruitment and Admissions team with regards to agent inquiries, applications and performance and will provide follow-up on recruitment trips and agent meetings. The International Partner Relations Coordinator will be responsible for negotiating partnership agreements with external organizations, such as international universities, recruitment representatives, governments and NGOs.
Additionally, this position will have responsibility for functions such as making and tracking agent payments, data warehouse administration, production of statistical reports, as well as research into new markets for student recruitment and sourcing new agents.
The incumbent will have excellent organizational abilities, exceptional communication and customer service skills, be technically proficient, and understand the importance of legal contracts. The incumbent advances Laurier’s international student profile through careful consideration and will work in partnership with the Manager of Recruitment & Admissions Marketing and Communications to implement our on-going marketing strategy.
Recruitment and Admissions is a team based environment and this role will be a key contributor to the overall objectives of this team. This role will require the facilitation of positive interpersonal interactions between agents/external partners and Laurier departments (e.g. Laurier International, Student Services) at the Waterloo Campus, the Brantford Campus, and the Toronto and China offices. The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise to key university initiatives in a multi-campus environment. This position has a university-wide mandate that will require travel to all campuses and is based at the Brantford Campus.
Interpersonal interactions are required on an ongoing basis with departments at the Waterloo Campus, the Brantford Campus, the Toronto office and external partners. The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise to key university initiatives in a multi-campus environment. This position has a university-wide mandate and is based at the Brantford Campus.
||Partner Relations Cultivation
• Co-ordinates timetable of all recruitment partner visits within a given demographic region (locally and internationally), arranging for travel and lodging as needed
• Travels independently, speaking with agents and partners, prospective students, their parents and school administrators
• Participates in agent and recruitment fairs, researches and participates in virtual recruitment fairs
• Negotiates, with guidance from Recruitment & Admissions and Laurier International, partnership agreements with external organizations, such as recruitment representatives, international universities, governments and NGOs.
• Provides exceptional service to partners via email and phone to ensure information needed by applicants to make key decisions is provided promptly and with a personal touch
• Builds and maintains relationships with external partners, such as agents, embassies, international organizations, etc.
Administration and Agent Database Management
• Manages partner and agent contracts
• Tracks student course loads and coordinates commission payments accurately and in a timely fashion
• Maintains data on student numbers, conversion rates, and student success to gauge the performance of agents
• Keeps detailed records—in both hard copy and electronic format—of agent communication and maintains an effective system of record retrieval
• Stays abreast with trends in fraudulent documentation; ensures honesty and proper representation are maintained.by agents and partners using the Laurier name
• Works with the Manager, Marketing & Communications to ensure that promotional materials and tactics are effective in specific international markets using both new and traditional media
• Works with external partners and agents to market Laurier at home and abroad, to international clientele, using both traditional and innovative methods
• Ensures all regulatory requirements are met
• Communicates with students who have received and/or confirmed an offer of admission to provide welcome to Laurier
• Participates in on-campus Recruitment & Admissions activities as required
Analysis and Planning
• Participates in a 6-week Laurier recruitment training, including gathering extensive knowledge of the university, public speaking and presentation practice and gaining extensive knowledge of the admission practices and procedures
• Negotiates partnership agreements with external organizations, such as international universities, recruitment representatives, governments and NGOs.
• Prepares and submits accurate monthly statistics and travel expenses
• Stays familiar with trends in admission and policy within public and independent high schools using international and national curriculum, as well as specialized testing exams
• Is familiar with and capitalizes on international recruitment and admission activities of post-secondary institutions globally
• Identifies and capitalizes on new markets for development
• Maintains contact with external professional organizations to support long-term enrollment objectives
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
||• Undergraduate university degree
• Five years related experience or an equivalent combination of experience and international experience
• One year international experience working in a cross cultural context
• Demonstrated exceptional writing skills that reflect a commitment to precision, customer service, and natural rapport building
• Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas:
- dealing courteously and effectively with people; exercising good judgement and initiative; answering inquiries in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated knowledge about and sensitivity to cultural issues and superior cross-cultural communication skills; ability to relate well to a variety of people and maintain trust with our target audience
• Understand and maintain sensitivity to dissemination of information about Laurier, particularly admissions cut-off average information and information about prospective students
• Demonstrated knowledge of university programs, university regulations, policies and procedures
• Understanding of a variety of post-secondary educational systems both national and international
• Effective interpersonal and public relations skills
• Ability to work independently and set priorities
• Experienced at public speaking and making effective presentations that engage the audience to continue with a personal dialogue
• Knowledge of student visa process is an asset
• Knowledge of a second language an asset
• Available and willing to travel locally, nationally and internationally and ability to be away from home for extended periods of time
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• A valid Ontario “G” driver’s license with proven good driving record and a valid Canadian passport
||$56, 826 - $63, 512
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.