Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Support Services Clerk
||Retail, Printing, Distribution Services
||Part-time, Limited Term
||Manger, Retail Printing Services
||Reporting to the Manager, Retail, Printing and Distribution Services (Brantford), the Support Services Clerk is responsible for the collection, sorting and distribution of all mail and supplies for the Brantford Campus. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for providing general clerical support, as assigned, within the Retail, Printing and Distributions departments.
This position requires a combination of strong organizational skills and the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will work with a high degree of independence and exercise judgement and discretion in the organization and performance of duties in a professional and confidential manner.
||• Responsible for collection and sorting of all incoming and outgoing mail, including couriers, for all areas of the Brantford Campus. Pre-screening and assessment of items are required to ensure circulation to the appropriate recipient;
• Distributes and replenishes common supplies to all business centres located across the campus;
• Handles phone and email enquiries from students, faculty and staff and redirects as necessary;
• Assists with administration of campus parking permits and maintains parking Web site;
• Provides support to the Retail, Printing and Distribution teams, as assigned. As required, assists with preparation and data entry for various documents and reports. Maintains related documents, databases, and spreadsheets;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
||• Minimum one to two years of college plus one (1) year related work experience;
• Knowledge of administrative office practices including general business, facilities, distribution services
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including telephone and reception manner;
• Proven ability to handle frequent interruptions in a rapidly changing fast-paced environment;
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Problem solving skills required to assess situations, multi-task and work independently;
• Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of software packages, MS Office. Specific skills in the use of MS Word, Excel, and knowledge of database data entry;
• Proven experience as a team player.
||20.06 - 22.42/hour
||This is a part-time, limited term position from August 19 - April 25, 2014.
*This is a part-time position, Monday to Friday, 1:00pm to 4:00pm (15 hours per week) . Increased hours may be required at certain points during the year.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.