Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Co-ordinator: Auditions & Student Services
||Faculty of Music
||Administrative Manager, Faculty of Music
||This job exists to support student recruitment for the Faculty of Music, through the co-ordination of the auditions process, and to provide proscribed services for all music students. The incumbent plays a key role in ongoing successful student recruitment by developing, organizing and administering effective strategies, procedures, and materials for the auditions/admissions process, the organization of Orientation Week activities, and the preparation of concert schedules and programmes.
||• Co-ordinates all aspects of the audition process; develops, prepares, and distributes audition information packages and responds to enquiries regarding the audition requirements and procedures;
• Develops, co-ordinates and facilitates the transition to an online application and audition platform
• Manages live auditions, organizes student interviews and theory placement tests; arranges proctoring and marking of theory tests and hires students or others to proctor/mark theory tests and help with auditions;
• Organizes and administers Orientation Week activities;
• Co-ordinates Piano Facility requirements for students;
• Co-ordinates Ensemble Placement Auditions;
• Co-ordinates concerto competitions;
• Organizes and schedules Faculty of Music concerts;
• Prepares concert programmes while adhering to publication deadlines;
• Works closely with the Outreach and Student Recruitment Co-ordinator to identify performance and other opportunities for current students;
• Respond to internal and external requests for student performances;
• Performs maintenance and updates of the Faculty of Music sign;
• Other duties as assigned.
||• Bachelor of Music Degree plus one (1) year related experience preferably in music or other performing arts environment;
• Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Proven ability to work under pressure, in a dynamic environment and meet rigid deadlines
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work;
• Highly organized and detail oriented;
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Excel.
||Hours of Work: The normal hours of the position are Monday to Friday, 25 hours per week. However, attendance at auditions may be necessary that will occur in the evenings and weekends when necessary, and flexibility of hours will be required
This position is currently under review.
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.