Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Senior Institutional Research Analyst
||Director, Institutional Strategy and Analytics
||Wilfrid Laurier University is expanding its analytics capabilities and is actively looking for a Senior Institutional Research Analyst. Under supervision of the Director, Institutional Strategy and Analytics, the Senior Analyst will support the coordination, design, extraction, compilation, analysis, reporting and presentation of institutional data on students, faculty, instructional activities, program outcomes, institutional effectiveness, and other aspects of the internal or external environment as requested. The incumbent will also provide support for the development of visual data displays for institutional decision making and work as part of a cross-University team to develop more automated ways of providing needed data to University constituents. The Senior Institutional Research Analyst will work extensively with other members of the Institutional Research Office. The results of the team’s work will provide valuable information and strategic insight to the University's most senior leaders, contributing directly to decision-making and strategic planning.
||• Transform, interpret and present findings of internal corporate data for internal decision-making and planning purposes and external reporting, utilizing standard definitions and comparative information as available.
• Conduct complex analysis to support University or division-level strategic planning.
• Develop customized analysis and presentations on university wide data
• Analyze survey instruments and results that reach internal and external constituents.
• Advance the University's analytics initiative by contributing domain, and related data expertise.
• Develop, improve, and assist with the automation of current data gathering and reporting systems in conjunction with functional area experts, data team members, administrators, and others
||Experience: 3-5 years of prior experience in designing, conducting and/or presenting research, including data design, extraction, compilation, analysis and reporting of data. Higher educational research experience is preferred but open to considering relevant business experience as well.
Education: Masters degree or PhD that utilizes analytics/quantitative research methods and statistics.
Management Skills and Other Requirements:
• Ability to prepare reports that communicate analyses and research findings in an effective manner.
• Highly motivated, optimistic, focused and results oriented.
• Knowledge of, exposure to, and deep interest in higher education.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and detail orientation with an ability to effectively manage multiple assignments using various data sources
• Effective interpersonal and liaison skills including the proven ability to interact effectively with and establish collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies.
• Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data and information pertaining to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Desire to continuously improve the University's data collection, reporting, and analytic efforts.
• Experience with sophisticated research efforts including appropriate methodologies such as multivariate analytic techniques, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, survey design, sampling strategies, and data visualization.
• Proficiency with research design, statistical procedures and analysis.
• Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative research, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Experience working with large databases, including extracting, evaluating and manipulating data for reporting and analytical purposes using query tools and/or programming language (e.g., SQL).
• Expertise with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Proficiency with statistical packages (such as SPSS) and SQL.
• Experience working with relational databases, extracting and manipulating data, and reporting tools (e.g., Cognos 10.2).
||$64,945 - $72,586
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.