Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Alumni Relations and Development Officer
||Development and Alumni Relations
|Job Type :
||Full-time, Limited Term
|Reports To :
||Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations, Brantford Campus
|Position Summary :
||Reporting to the Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations, Laurier Brantford and working in close consultation with the Development, Annual Giving and Alumni Relations teams, the Alumni Relations and Development Officer, Laurier Brantford builds, plan, promote and implements the Alumni Relations program for the Brantford campus and plays a pivotal role in advancing fundraising
Working within the framework of Laurier’s Development and Alumni Relations plans, the incumbent is primarily responsible for implementing alumni programming for the Laurier Brantford campus that builds alumni engagement and encourages continued involvement with Laurier
S/he also advances fundraising by developing and co-ordinating targeted and broad-based communications and events (including but not limited to, funding announcements and Student Awards Reception) that steward, engage and inspire donors, prospects, alumni, internal and external audiences/stakeholders related to Laurier Brantford
There will be considerable interaction with members of the Development, Alumni Relations, Advancement Services teams, Dean of Students, Office of the Vice –President and Principal, Brantford Campus, as well as other individuals and groups throughout the Laurier community including alumni, students, staff and friends of the university.
The Officer in consultation with the department of of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving develops an Alumni Program for Laurier Brantford alumni with goals, objectives, critical path, budget and revenue projection for each. The incumbent will professionally and proactively co-ordinate activities and processes relating to the implementation of special projects and events. Significantly, the officer will manage the annual Laurier Brantford Homecoming and develop plans for class reunions, while liaising with the department of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, interested student groups, office of the Dean of Students, and Event and Support Specialist.
1) Oversees and coordinates Alumni & Annual Giving programming for Laurier Brantford (70%)
- Manages and oversees Homecoming programming, working with interested parties on campus and with alumni volunteers; ensures budget constraints are considered.
- Understands the emerging trends of student, alumni and volunteer behaviour, and in consultation with the Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations, designs and implements innovative relationship building programs that address these trends and assists in meeting the department’s relationship building goals.
- Coordinates, in collaboration and consultation with the department of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving and the Alumni Communications officer, Brantford specific alumni communication, specifically, electronic alumni newsletters, working within established protocol for scheduling etc.; provides social media support.
- Manages, develops and provides support to the Laurier Brantford Student Alumni (LBSA) group, working closely with the department of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, and the Dean of Students; increasing awareness, involvement and activities for the LBSA; coordinates the recruitment , training and orientation of LBSA volunteers.
- Serves as a liaison to the WLUAA board, as appropriate.
- Works closely with the department of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving to provide guidance, direction and support for Laurier Brantford annual giving initiatives, such as TAG Day, National Philanthropy Day, Student calling and script.
- Assists with all other alumni and annual giving events and programs that include, but are not limited to, conferences, professional development days, seminars, award ceremonies, donor events, networking events, culinary events, , social events, , , community programs, and alumni awareness programs.
- Identifies new opportunities to engage alumni and create strategies, in collaboration with the department of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, to effectively promote alumni programs.
- Evaluates program performance; makes recommendations for changes designed to enhance program effectiveness. Provides accurate and timely program analysis to key stakeholders. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement through applied benchmarking efforts as applicable.
- Represents Alumni Relations and the University to external audiences, including alumni, students, faculty, staff and parents.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a three year strategic plan that compliments and enhances the overall goals and objectives of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving.
- Coordinates Budget/financial details for events and initiatives and reports of those budgets to the WLUAA Board of Directors and department of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, as appropriate.
2) Oversees and co-ordinates Donor recognition and stewardship events for Laurier Brantford (20%)
- Coordinates and oversees Laurier Brantford’s significant donor celebrations and announcements (including Laurier Brantford YMCA Campaign related events), works with the Office of the Dean to coordinate the Student Awards Reception; establishes or works with the existing committees and sub-committees to implement objectives; ensures budget constraints are considered.
- Trains, provides orientation and supports event volunteers
3) Provides strategic administrative support for Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations (10%)
- Provides high level administrative support, including throughout the duration of the Laurier Brantford YMCA campaign
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations, arranges donor meetings with prospects/donors and senior internal staff as necessary.
- Identifies prospective donors for fundraising initiatives by matching university’s needs and priorities with goals, constituencies and segments. Manages the input of alumni information and donor information into Banner.
- Trains and supervises office volunteers.
- Works with the Associate Director, Development and Alumni Relations and the Vice-President to maintain good relations with external constituencies (mayor’s office, senior administration in Waterloo, community groups, other postsecondary institutions, etc.)
- Develops and maintains a Brantford community VIP List for prospecting and community engagement purposes.
||• Post secondary degree in communication, public relations, journalism or a related discipline or equivalent job experience, preferably within a university environment
• Familiarity with the internal and external communities of Laurier Brantford and experience dealing with both is an asset
• Demonstrated strong background in special event planning and implementation and initiatives; project management; experience working with various prospective constituents and a proven understanding of how ethics fits in with university advancement
• Understanding of high level issues and ability to support and contribute to the strategic vision of the office of Development and Alumni Relations
• Ability to build and draw upon significant relationships with internal and external constituents
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication abilities; ability to relate well to a variety of people and maintain trust and credibility in the internal and external community
• High energy and a passion for the promotion and attainment of Laurier Brantford’s strategic goals
• Sophisticated copy editing and proofreading skills
• Superior research, analytical, judgement and decision making skills
||$55,713 - $62,267
|Salary Notes :
||This is a full time limited term leave replacement from July 2, 2013 - October 24, 2014.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.