Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Leaf Program Assistant
||Full-time, Limited Term
||Reporting to the Manager, LEAF, the Program Assistant is responsible for providing support for LEAF students, management, and staff and other members of the Laurier International department as needed. The incumbent will act as a support person on location in order to facilitate the flow of student applications and other information from Recruitment & Admissions to LEAF. He/She will also work closely with Student Affairs and Laurier International to assist with students’ orientation and settlement as well as their ongoing needs while enrolled in the LEAF program.
||Pre-Arrival, Orientation and Settlement:
• Coordinate flow of information from International Recruitment & Admissions to LEAF;
• Register students upon their arrival and ensure that contact information is accurately assessed;
• Arrange for the students to take the language placements tests;
• Work with Residence Life team to coordinate residence applications, room assignments and arrange for smooth student move into residence.
• Track enrolment prior to and during LEAF cycles;
• Communicate plans and policies with students, school representatives, recruitment agents and other key stakeholders.
• Work closely with recruitment agents on applications, visas and other pre-arrival information.
Work with the Business Office and other relevant departments to ensure timely fee assessment and billing.
Support and Resources:
• Maintain welcoming and friendly reception area for the LEAF Program.
• Develop and maintain good communication with LEAF Students in order to provide exceptional experience while in the LEAF Program.
• Provide information sessions for students as they prepare for the transition to full- or part-time undergraduate studies;
• Work with faculties and Registrar’s Office to provide guidance and counselling to students with respect to the progression requirements of specific academic programs;
• As required, communicate with other key program and service partners, such as the Registrar’s Office, Laurier International, Student Affairs, and International Recruitment & Admissions to ensure that LEAF students are able to transition into academic programs at Laurier.
• Help organize educational, socio-cultural, and training events
• Assist in the coordination of special events and information sessions;
• Provide administrative support to the Manager, LEAF:
• Update contact information for LEAF students and ensure LEAF student database, including student progression through the program, is current and accurate
• Organize and schedule meetings;
• Co-ordinate appointments using electronic scheduling and ensure all information is provided for meetings;
• Coordinate and organize travel and conference arrangements as required;
• Prepare and review agenda documents for committee meetings and distributes agenda packages; attend committee meetings and take/prepare meeting minutes;
• Screen and direct incoming calls, correspondence and visitors;
• Retain P-Card receipts and other expense submissions.
• Co-ordinate the day-to-day operations of the department;
• With the LEAF Program Manager and Coordinator, act as a main point of contact and liaison person for the LEAF Program;
• Organize LEAF student graduation and other events;
• Prepare and handle confidential correspondence and information;
• Recognize and appropriately assess the needs identified by students, staff, or management to provide them with appropriate assistance;
• Assist in new employee orientation;
• Train, oversee and supervise student employees and volunteers;
• Routinely edit and update the content of the LEAF web site and/or Facebook page;
• Maintain filing systems and related filing system databases.
• Other duties as assigned.
||• Post Secondary diploma or degree, plus related experience, or a combination of training and experience;
• Experience providing services to international students, especially those with limited English proficiency;
• Strong intercultural skills and the ability to deal effectively and respectfully with people from different cultural and social backgrounds;
• Ability to provide exceptional level of customer service;
• Proven organization skills, including time management, budgeting, multitasking, problem solving, communication (written and oral), decision making, and interpersonal skills;
• Task and detail oriented, able to work independently in a professional and collaborative manner;
• Administrative skills, specifically in the areas of preparing correspondence, spreadsheets, mail lists;
• Knowledge of the Brantford community is preferred;
• Ability to work flexible hours.
||44, 650-49, 903
||This is a full-time, limited term position from April 221, 2014 - May 10, 2015.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.