Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Project Coordinator (Advancement Services)
||Full-time, Limited Term
||Director: Advancement Services
||Reporting to the Director, Advancement Services, the Project Coordinator (Advancement Services) will oversee and guide capital campaign e-communications and e-fundraising projects within Development and Alumni Relations. Projects related to:
- Promoting our on-line engagement strategy and enhancing our on-line capabilities. The first priority will be to select and implement a comprehensive online communication, engagement and electronic fundraising solution for Laurier’s 70,000 alumni and friends.
- Improving internal efficiency and increase opportunities for collaboration through mechanisms like a report request system, engagement index and the use of SharePoint sites.
- Expanding our channels of communication by integrating with existing e-communities for content delivery including mobile, web and social media platforms
This position will also be responsible for developing expertise in, and leveraging, existing technologies within the University (Sungard Banner, SharePoint, etc) as well as researching and recommending new technologies and services that balance ease of use and functionality that is beneficial to both end-users and organizational functions.
The incumbent will work closely with Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, Communications, Enterprise Solutions and vendors. Primary responsibilities will be analysis, research, planning, project management and hands-on technical implementation when required.
- Collaborates with Development and Alumni Relations team members to ensure the development of e-solutions that will enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of Development and Alumni Relations as a whole
- Researches appropriate technology solutions for Development and Alumni Relations in support of the department’s Mission, Vision and Values; recommends significant purchases to the Director, Advancement Services
- Provides direction about best practice business processes and proposes changes to business practices
- Researches related solutions at other universities and gathers a clear set of requirements
- Oversees development of projects from beginning to end.
- Undertakes planning to clearly identify collaborative teams and partnerships within the University to ensure project success
- Develops budget in consultation with stakeholders for projects
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Annual Giving, Alumni Relations, Development, ICT Solutions and other stakeholders.
- Sets project timelines, directs project staff from multiple University departments, and develops project charters in accordance with the project vision.
- Ensures project deliverables meet business requirements and are clearly understood by the project team, contribute to group learning and best practice development
- Lead member of negotiating team for acquisition of new software, functionality and/or upgrades
- Proposes solutions compatible with University systems architecture and creates implementation plans and relevant SLAs to ensure ongoing duties are transferred to appropriate teams.
- Actively participates and interacts with ICT Solutions and personnel from other University administrative departments on solutions requiring new installations or upgrades of custom developed or purchased software applications;
- Creates detailed user documentation and training
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Advancement Services
- University degree in a related field coupled with at least three (3) years related IT and project management experience;
- Solid knowledge of project management methodologies (PMP an asset)
- Demonstrated success in managing software implementation/integration projects
- Experience with Sungard Banner or other Development/Alumni Relations software an asset
- Excellent understanding of web related technologies and Relational Database Management Systems in a Linux/Windows operating environment;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in using applications such as Microsoft Office Suite as well as Microsoft Sharepoint 2010;
- Acquires depth and breadth of knowledge in all aspects pertaining to departmental, professional/vocational role and the University;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Proven organization and multi-tasking skills; ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate and communicate a high level of ownership and commitment to achieve results;
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines in a fast-paced challenging and rapidly changing environment;
- Strong communication skills verbal and written; listens, speaks and writes clearly and concisely;
- Excellent initiative skills to provide innovate solutions to problems;
- Well-developed team management, organizational, and leadership skills; very strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent customer skills by anticipating and responding promptly to clients needs;
- Exceptional attention to detail.
||This is a full-time, limited term position for the duration of 12 weeks.
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.