Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Senior Project Lead
||ICT Renewal Project
||Full-time, Limited Term
||Director, ICT Renewal Project
||Reporting to the Director, ICT Renewal Project, the Senior Project Lead is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of ICT projects in support of the strategic objectives of the University. This position will lead projects from conceptualization through implementation, including phases such as analysis, requirements definition, technical design, build and deploy. The incumbent will manage key strategic internal/external client relationships with project stakeholders, lead cross-functional and technical teams, and drive project requirements, priorities and deadlines.
• As a project manager for ICT projects, leads the planning and implementation of IT projects to meet university’s strategic objectives
• Forecasts and develops project budget, and responsible for taking corrective action when schedules or budgets deviate
• Creates and executes project work plans using appropriate tools (timeline with critical path, communications plan, risk mitigation plan, issue log, change log, deliverables checklist) and revises as suitable to meet changing needs and requirements
• Identifies multi departmental resources needed, coordinates individual responsibilities, and monitors work quality
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project, scope and budget
• Sets and manages client expectations
• Effectively applies project management methodology and enforces project standards
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Implements and manages project changes, scope creep and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Conducts post project evaluations and assessment of results
• Identifies lessons learned and implements change for continuous improvement
• Responsible for the completion of the full project cycle
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
• Acts as the key liaison for projects between different university departments, ICT and external vendors
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
• Communicates efficiently with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
• Holds regular status meetings with project team, presents status reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Mitigates team conflict and communicates problems
• Develops project policy related documents
• Understands technical requirements within ICT
• Informs management through written and oral presentations of new initiatives or changing technologies which have an impact on clients
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard ITS policies and procedures
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
||• University degree in Computer Science/Math, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field
• Minimum of 3 years of professional level experience as an IT Project Manager
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in people management
• Qualification in project management or equivalent (PMP certification, etc.)
• Proficient in project management software
• Working knowledge of IT standards
• Proven experience in risk management, change management and mitigation plans
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer service orientation
• Leadership, facilitation, influence, negotiation, conflict management and presentation skills
• Adaptability and tolerance for ambiguity
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines
• Ability to be discreet and to maintain confidential information
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
||$36.88 - $43.41
||This is a full-time, limited term position for the duration of one year.
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.