Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Date Posting Closes - External :
|Position Title :
||Food Services Associate
|Job Type :
|Position Summary :
||The employee prepares food and or beverages for Wilfrid Laurier University food service facilities. This position involves dealing with the public in a congenial and efficient manner. This position requires delivering quick, accurate, clean and efficient service using a team approach. Employees must adhere to food standards and health and safety practices. The position requires the incumbent to stand continuously, moving around the kitchen or service area and in and out of freezers or fridges. The work environment can be warm, noisy and occasionally crowded.
The employee must be skilled and knowledgeable in the use of institutional kitchen and/or coffee equipment.
**It should be understood that the University Food Services operation is a 7 day a week operation and you may be occasionally required to work outside of your regularly scheduled work hours as business dictates**
||• Reports and signs into work at scheduled start time in full uniform and properly groomed
• Preparing food and beverages at any of our facilities.
• Use of industrial cooking and beverage equipment
• Display cooking
• Taking customers food & beverages orders and requests
• Maintains high quality food preparation keeping waste to a minimum
• Organizing and stocking of station over the course of your shift
• Assist Lead hands with any duties that might arise in daily operations
• Read & follow recipes and track product usage
• 100% adherence to recipe and production sheets
• Follows and adheres to all Food Services policies and procedures
• Maintains a clean station and completes duties on daily cleaning sheets
• Communicate with Customers, Clients and Employees in a professional positive manner
• Daily checking of expiration dates of products and informing Lead Hands of possible spoilage
• Adheres to FIFO and Day Dot practices on all product used
• Daily food temperature checks and informs Lead Hands of any unsafe temperatures immediately
• Follows all government/ University policies and legislation, including but not limited to Food Safety and Sanitation, Occupational Health and Safety, Workers Compensation, Employment Standards, Human Rights & Labour Law and Harassment.
• Adheres to all Policies and Procedures as directed by Management
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
||• Knowledge of industrial cooking equipment or coffee equipment
• Previous experience in a food service operation is beneficial
• Excellent customer service skills
• Neat appearance
• Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
|Salary Notes :
||This position is subject to lay-off in December, Reading weeks, and mid April to September.
Multiple positions are available, including days, evenings, and weekends.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.