Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Administrative Assistant II (ACUNS)
|Job Type :
|Reports To :
||Executive Director, ACUNS
|Position Summary :
||The Academic Council on the United Nations System (ACUNS) is a United Nations accredited organization, founded in 1987. Its membership is global in distribution, including individuals and institutions from over 50 countries. The central goals of ACUNS are to foster informed teaching and research on the United Nations system and the broad field of international organization and to strengthen the relationship between academic scholars and practitioners in the UN system, non-governmental organizations and the international community.
The role of the full-time administrative assistant is to provide an extensive range of secretarial and administrative support for ACUNS. This person is required to have a general knowledge of international organizations and the United Nations System. There is also a strong technology component to this role and the administrative assistant must be competent in the use of audio editors, database software, desktop publishing, and word processing packages.
The ACUNS offices are located at the Balsillie School of International Affairs.
- Provides administrative support for all ACUNS events including the Annual Meeting, Summer Workshop, NY Lecture series and Vienna Annual Conference;
- Processes purchase requisitions; reconciles invoices, deposits expenses on a monthly basis and ensures products are received. Performs basic accounting for financial activity of ACUNS;
- Receives and distributes mail;
- Provides administrative support for all ACUNS publications
- Creates and updates ACUNS website WordPress platform which is done through an interface and html;
- Updates ACUNS monthly electronic newsletter using an e-mail marketing program;
- Updates ACUNS Facebook and other social media sites;
- Working under the direction of the Co-ordinator in conjunction with CPAM to update quarterly lecture series, conference material;
- Adds lead-ins to podcasts and splices audio files.
- Processes memberships and updates membership database accordingly;
- Runs membership reports;
- Answers basic membership inquires.
- Secondary school plus a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years recent related administrative experience;
- Understanding of International Organizations and the United Nations System;
- Experience updating web pages, preparing and posting materials to the web; knowledge of WordPress is an asset;
- Experience and proficiency and with html;
- Experience and proficiency in the use of audio editors, database software, desktop publishing, and word processing packages, including Audacity, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel and Adobe InDesign;
- Ability to work well as a team player and independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good writing and spelling skills.
|Salary Notes :
||This position is currently under review.
|Please Note :
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.