Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Job Evaluation Assistant
|Reports To :
||Benefits & Compensation Specialist
|Position Summary :
||The Human Resources department is responsible for the administration and coordination of timely job evaluations and ensuring an accurate job inventory for staff and management positions at the University. The Job Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for two projects. For the primary project, the Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Benefit & Compensation Specialist and Human Resources Generalists in reviewing and revising the current process used to track all job descriptions and job evaluation documentation. The second project includes developing interview question inventory and creating an interview guide template to assist hiring managers in the creation of interview guides.
||Working with the Benefits & Compensation Specialist & the Human Resources Generalists as required, the key responsibilities of this assignment are as follows:
Job Description/Evaluation Tracking Process
• Review of current process to track job descriptions & job evaluation documentation
• Identify gaps in process, propose, finalize and document new process
• Locate most recent job description for each position
• Locate job evaluation documentation for each position
• Ensure all documentation is organized & filed as per the new process
• For unionized staff positions, determine if descriptions were updated as part of the annual review process
• Identify positions that require a request to update the job description
• Send out requests to managers & incumbents for updated job descriptions
• Follow up with managers & incumbents as required
Interview Question Inventory & Interview Guide Template
• Gather and organize interview questions from various documents into a single source
• Sort questions into common categories of questions
• Develop a template for hiring managers to create interview guides using the interview question inventory
||• High School graduate plus one (1) year post-secondary education.
• Proven ability to co-ordinate projects
• Effective communication skills, verbal and written
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment requiring collaboration and communication
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail/accuracy
• Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
|Salary Notes :
||This is a summer student position from June 3 until July 26, 2013. This position is part of the summer experience program. To be eligible for the summer experience program, candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 26 and meet the above minimum qualifications.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.