Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Coordinator: Diversity Education & Inclusion
||Diversity & Equity Office
|Job Type :
||Full-time, Limited Term
|Reports To :
|Position Summary :
||Working closely with the Rainbow Centre, Centre for Women & Trans People, Association of Black Students, and Multi-Faith Resource Team, the Diversity & Equity Office works to educate, advocate and celebrate the uniqueness of every individual at Laurier. The Coordinator: Diversity Education & Inclusion supports the Diversity & Equity Office’s role to enhance diversity on campus through the development and execution of a diversity education strategy, which includes elements such as learning events, training sessions and the development of awareness campaigns.
Using extensive knowledge of adult education principles and best practices in employee development, the coordinator must be self-motivated, creative and comfortable delivering information to a variety of audiences. They must also demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, self-management and problem-solving skills.
||Diversity Education Development & Implementation
• Serves as a resource for the development of all student, staff and faculty diversity-related training initiatives at Wilfrid Laurier University;
• Continually gathers feedback from the Laurier community about education needs and conducts appropriate learning gap analysis to develop a diversity education strategy and applicable learning objectives;
• Develops all diversity related programming for staff and faculty;
• Partners with existing learning resources on campus to incorporate diversity-related content into existing programs as appropriate;
• Assists with the development and delivery of student leader training sessions;
• Undertakes efforts to build community awareness of diversity through education-related initiatives;
• Invests in building positive working relationships with members of the Laurier community in support of the overall Diversity & Equity Office mandate;
• Serves as an education resource for faculty on campus in issues relating to diversity and equity in academic programming;
Administration & Related Duties
• Responsible for the marketing and promotion of all diversity education initiatives;
• Coordinates logistics for training sessions;
• Sources and contracts with external speakers and presenters as required;
• Tracks participation for all education initiatives;
• Compiles feedback related to workshops/training sessions;
• Serves on committees related to diversity & equity issues;
• Works with the Dispute Resolution Coordinator to address diversity and equity related conflicts;
• Supports and provides administrative support to all student employees;
• Other duties as assigned;
Support for Student Diversity Groups
• Provide direct supervision to centers (ie. Rainbow Centre, Centre for Women & Trans People & Association of Black Students) within the Diversity & Equity Office. This includes attending meetings, helping organize events, and providing on-going feedback;
• Assists with the development and delivery of student leader training sessions, education programs, and addressing diversity-related concerns within the Laurier community;
• Organize and facilitate special event planning for groups within the Diversity &Equity Office.
||• Undergraduate degree, plus one (1) year related experience with diversity program development and design and group facilitation
• Knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity or social justice related issues
• Experience supporting, mentoring and developing student leaders
• Strong group facilitation skills
• Knowledge of best practices in training and development
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
• Excellent research, writing and editing skills
||$31.03 - $36.51
|Salary Notes :
||This is a full-time, limited term position for the duration of 12 months.
|Please Note :
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.