Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Junior Payroll Administrator
|Job Type :
|Reports To :
||Manager, Payroll Services
|Position Summary :
||This position is the initial contact for all payroll related queries, mail, phone, email. Act as triage to determine if further contact is required and distribute as necessary; act as backup and provide assistance to Payroll Administrators and Senior Payroll Administrator.
- Perform triage duties by determining which paperwork/queries, etc should go to the relevant Payroll Administrator; Manage and respond to firstname.lastname@example.org email account; respond to requests for Letters of Employment; assist with year end payroll reporting.
- Set up/enter hours/jobs for non-full time employees; setup/enter/audit direct deposit information, TD1, TD1ON, Canada Savings Bonds, computer loans, parking, etc. for all employees.
- Assist Senior and Payroll Administrators with reconciliations, filing, payroll entry, audit, processing, as requested.
- Respond to requests for distribution information, by locating, photocopying/scanning relevant documentation. Provide Administrator(s) with correct information to ensure required action has been performed and then notifying initial requestor of completion.
- Secondary plus one (1) year post-secondary in an accounting or related program plus one (1) year work related experience in payroll, accounting; Canadian Payroll Association Certificate preferable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word) and GroupWise e-mail;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills including using tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations;
- Demonstrates ability to work co-operatively in a tightly knit team and individually;
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical;
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills to deal with strict deadlines;
- Experience with payroll software also preferred.
|Salary Notes :
||This position is currently under review.
|Please Note :
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.