Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||ICT Solutions-Enterprise Solutions
||Manager, Enterprise Systems
||The Database Administrator reports to the Manager, Enterprise Systems. The incumbent is responsible for the full range of installation and support functions for Laurier’s administrative TEST, PPRD, and PROD databases and application servers in a web-enabled environment. This includes databases and application upgrades and patches, maintenance, troubleshooting, backups, recovery, security, and performance optimization.
||• Perform all administrative tasks relating to the installation, upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting, backups, recovery, and security of Laurier’s Oracle TEST, PPRD, and PROD databases, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Weblogic servers, as well as related applications such as Ellucian Banner.
• Ensure that Laurier’s administrative systems are up and available to the students, staff, and faculty who depend on these systems every day.
• Provide data modeling, data warehousing, and other database support to the Systems Analysts.
• Work closely with the Systems Analysts and other departments to coordinate and plan complex system upgrades and ensure a smooth rollout of new or upgraded applications.
• Document procedures and system changes.
• Comply with and help to enforce standard ITS policies and procedures.
• Take a proactive approach to ensuring the optimal performance of the database and application servers through the creation and review of system reports and/or the use of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Work with Oracle and Ellucian staff as necessary to resolve technical issues.
• Provide a 24/7 support to our systems by being on-call or on call-back.
||• University degree in Computer Science/Math, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems.
• Minimum of five years of experience as an Oracle DBA in a Unix/Linux environment.
• Minimum of three years of experience managing middle to large projects.
• Minimum of five years of experience with Oracle, SQL/SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Weblogic, and shell scripting.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner, Oracle Forms, Pro*C, and PL/SQL.
• Analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with users with varying levels of technical expertise.
• Ability to function and collaborate effectively with faculty and staff in a high demand environment.
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Adaptability and tolerance for ambiguity.
• Ability and willingness to perform certain duties outside of regular work hours.
• Ability to be discreet and to maintain confidential information.
• A desire to work in a fast paced, challenging, and rapidly changing environment requiring a commitment to continuous learning.
||$36.88 - $43.41
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.