Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
|Posting ID :
|Date Posting Closes - External :
|Position Title :
||Computer Support Assistant
||Information Technology Services
|Job Type :
||Part-time, Limited Term
|Reports To :
||Manager, ICT Service Desks & Student Support
|Position Summary :
||The Computer Support Assistant is responsible for providing day to day technical support to PRISMRESOURCES. This includes the ongoing maintenance and functionality of all labs, and hardware fleet. Through a regular preventative maintenance, the incumbent will ensure a proactive approach to resolving hardware/software problems. The Computer Support Assistant is advised of hardware/software incidents through the Student Service Desk and takes action to resolve them in a timely fashion. The incumbent will also be responsible for attending - PRISMRESOURCES Council meetings.
||Maintaining Lab Functionality
• Provides routine maintenance for all labs to ensure ongoing functionality.
• Troubleshoots, repairs and upgrades computer hardware and peripherals in labs as well as the PRISMRESOURCES laptop and tablet fleet.
• Maintains the hardware inventory for all prism hardware including networking information.
• Assists Prism employees in the proper usage of computer software and hardware.
• Maintains hardware in PRISMRESOURCES executive office.
• Maintains Bloomberg workstations and software licensing
Implementing New/Upgraded Software and Hardware
• Design and maintain new system “images” (i.e. system configurations).
• Deployment of new lab “images” to lab PC’s in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Ensures compatibility and licence compliance of the software used prior to installation.
• Documents and trains PrismResources Customer service representatives on re-imaging laptop/tablet fleet.
• Manages all IT projects for PRISMRESOURCES.
• Acts as liaison between ITS and PRISMRESOURCES
• Attends PRISMRESOURCES executives and board meetings
• Carries out other tasks as designated by the Manager, ICT Student Support
• Keeps up to date with latest IT technologies and trends.
||• Minimum College Diploma in Information Technology/Computer Science plus 1 year recent related work experience;
• “A+” Certification is required
• ITIL foundations certification an asset;
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows XP), and Mac OS;
• Knowledge of Ghost imaging and faronics Deep Freeze program an asset.
• Knowledge and experience in computer productivity applications (Adobe, Corel, Microsoft);
• Knowledge and experience with microcomputer hardware and software, including configuration and troubleshooting;
• Knowledge of data networking (TCP/IP, DHCP);
• Experience with DELL hardware support is an asset;
• Knowledge of digital imaging equipment such as scanners, digital camera, camcorders, etc.;
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to details;
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
• Brings forward ideas to improve maintenance - takes action to resolve matters prior to escalating to others;
• Deals with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy seeking to resolve problems;
• Ability to access equipment in awkward locations;
• Able to properly and safely lift and move computer and peripheral equipment.
• Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal software an asset.
||$24.23 - $28.51
|Salary Notes :
||This is a part-time (17.5 hours/week), limited term position for the duration of 12 months.
|Please Note :
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.