Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
||Records and Registration Administrator
|Job Type :
||Full-time, Limited Term
|Reports To :
||Associate Registrar, Brantford
|Position Summary :
||Working in conjunction with the Office of the Registrar in Waterloo, Brantford’s Registrarial Services is responsible for a wide range of Registrarial processes at the Brantford campus. This office plays a primary role in supporting the academic goals and objectives of the university, the students and the faculty.
The Records and Registration Administrator reports to the Associate Registrar at the Brantford campus and is a member of the Registrarial Services team. The incumbent is responsible for a broad range of administrative functions to support student records, registration and Registrarial Services at the Brantford campus.
The Administrator must operate with thorough knowledge of university regulations and their application to the programs at the Brantford campus. Thorough knowledge and understanding of all program requirements is necessary for effective adjudication of student records.
The position calls for a combination of strong administrative and coordination skills and the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. As a member of the Registrarial Services team, the incumbent will work to provide a high-level of customer service to internal as well as external customers and institutional partners. The successful candidate will work with a high degree of independence and exercise judgment and discretion in the organization and performance of duties.
The incumbent will provide back up and support to other team members in the areas of Student Awards, Service Laurier, and other duties as assigned. This calls for the incumbent to actively maintain their knowledge base, and continually remain updated on the changing policies and procedures of the university.
||Records and Registration
• Responsible for reviewing and updating the main Registrarial Services website
• Adjudicates and approves Requests for Campus Transfers and Requests for Full-time Studies, consulting with Program Coordinators and the Associate Deans if necessary
• Verifies registration information and processes all official Letters and Forms for Brantford campus students
• Processes all requests for transcripts for Brantford campus students
• Coordinates final grade submissions for Brantford campus courses ensuring grades are submitted in a timely manner
• Maintains current knowledge of all Brantford programs including progression requirements, program requirements and graduation requirements
• Coordinates student progression assessment and graduation verification, working in collaboration with the Academic Advisors and the Office of the Registrar. Is called upon by the Academic Advisors to lend expertise when reviewing student records, especially for difficult or complex cases.
• Oversee requests for honours post general and second degree students by reviewing the student record in detail, along with the requirements for the student’s desired program
• Processes student registration forms such as Letters of Permission, Drop/Add forms, name changes, and Request to Withdraw forms
• Creates new courses in banner for special topics and directed studies courses for the Brantford Campus
• Coordinates and processes block registration for all students enrolled in the Concurrent Education Program (BA/BEd)
• Receives and reviews notation requests from the Academic Advisors for revisions/modifications to the student record
• Acts independently to consult with the program coordinators, department chairs, recruitment office, office of the registrar, student services and institutional partners for the purposes of information exchange and student registration problem solving
• Addresses difficult student record or registration issues for students by responding to in-person, email and telephone inquiries from students, and follows-up with appropriate departments at the Waterloo campus to ensure student issues are resolved
• Participates in Headstart and Open House as the Registrarial Services representative fielding questions and presenting registrarial-related information to prospective and new students, and their parents/guardians
• Responsible for ensuring current procedures and policies for the records area of Registrarial Services in Brantford are efficient and are current between campuses
• Verifies office invoices, Travel and Purchase Card charges, and accesses data in Millennium for reference purposes
• Coordinates all Registrarial Services announcements in Weekly News
• Manages and maintains the Laurier Brantford Room Booking Policy. Regularly works with Facilities, Security and IT to ensure the procedures are efficient. In addition, supports Service Laurier by assisting with complex booking requests, and liaises with facilities, security and IT when needed. Responsible for ensuring the policy supports a smooth room booking process for all parties involved.
• Keeps informed on all areas of Registrarial Services and actively seeks out cross-training opportunities in order to provide support and back up during holidays and absences
• Maintains knowledge base of all Service Laurier functions including student finances, parking, one card, and the point of sale system to act as a back-up to the Service Laurier advisors when coverage is required. Maintains the database for all Senate Approved items relating to programs offered at the Brantford campus
• Assists with publications related to Registrarial Services including Registration Instructions for Returning Students, Part-time Student Handbook, as well as publications produced by other units that include pieces on registrarial services offered
• Collaborates with various departments on campus to manage and oversee the revisions and updates to the first year registration guide. In addition, proofs the Academic and Registrarial sections of the guide.
• Trains, oversees, and supervises student employees on an ongoing basis
• Prepares and handles confidential correspondence
• Maintains updated information on area bulletin boards
• Maintains supplies and requests service for equipment for the office
• Maintains the filing system for student files on campus
• Other duties as assigned
||• Undergraduate degree or equivalent education and experience (preferably 3 years experience within a university environment)
• Familiarity with university regulations and program requirements, specifically those related to programs at the Brantford campus
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and remain organized under pressure
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with a wide range of people within and outside the University
• Discretion, tact, and good judgement in dealing with sensitive situations and confidential matters
• A commitment to providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of accuracy in the performance of all tasks
• Knowledge of Banner, Millennium, COGNOS, and Novell GroupWise
• Knowledge of the Brantford Campus is a definite asset
||$48,709 - $54,439
|Salary Notes :
||This is a full-time, limited term position from October 2013 until July 24, 2014.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.