Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Project & Administrative Coordinator
||Assistant Vice-President: Academic Services
||Reporting to the Assistant Vice-President: Academic Services (AVP-AS), the Administrative Coordinator is a member of a team of professionals that provide a wide variety of academic support services to the Laurier Community. The incumbent will be actively engaged in support of Academic Services operations and the Academic Services leadership team.
The incumbent has frequent interaction with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students, government officials, consultants, and vendor representatives on behalf of the AVP-AS. S/he works with critical and confidential information such as project plans, budget information, tenders documents, enrolment and other information.
S/he will function as project coordinator and manager on specific initiatives under the direction of the AVP-AS. The Administrative Coordinator is routinely a contact on budget, administrative policy and organizational matters, and must be an informed and professional representative of the team. The incumbent will provide administrative support for the AVP-AS and for other directors and mangers within Academic Services as required.
This position will provide an opportunity to actively engage with teams of motivated professionals in the delivery of best in class services to the constituents we support. The successful candidate will be committed to Laurier’s mission vision and values and be driven by continuous improvement and accomplishing results. S/he demands an enjoyable challenging working environment that motivates them to come to work each day and will endeavour to make their colleagues feel the same.
- Acts as Project Coordinator (large scale) and Project Manager (small-medium scale) on various project initiatives. Will liaise with project resources, consultants and other stakeholders, Assists with the preparation of project documentation such as charters, plans and status updates
- Coordinates project meeting schedules for steering committees and project teams, evaluation committees, project committees and user committees
- Advises appropriate stakeholders on project protocols, status and provides regular briefing summaries
- Provides project tracking and oversight and status updates
- Ability to complete and manage meeting documentation (EG agendas, minutes, action logs, issue logs, risk management logs)
Research, Communication and Reporting
- Conduct research on identified topics and summarize findings for the AVP-AS and others
- Maintain currency in best practices in higher education in general and academic service areas in particular
- Analyse and synthesize large amounts of information into executive summaries, reports and briefings for the AVP-AS and others
- Prepare, edit and review presentations, reports and briefings on the projects and operations of Academic Services
- Monitors the unit’s budget regularly; performs regular reconciliation of accounts and summary reports to the AVP-AS and others
- Edits/revises documents presentations and other communications for the AVP-AS This may include project and legal documents e.g. Requests for Proposals, letters of intent etc
- Provides senior administrative support to the AVP-AS
- Workloads AVP’s calendar, anticipates, prepares and compiles meeting materials for the AVP based on knowledge of calendar commitments and priorities
- Maintains central filing system for AVP-AS, including major project files, archiving as appropriate retention practices
- Acts as main point of contact for the AVP-AS , co-ordinating multiple tasks with Senior Administrators, Deans, Directors, departmental managers, and many internal and external contacts
- Provides ongoing administrative support to various committees (IE steering committees, advisory committees etc)
- Participates in regular departmental management and project update meetings; including strategic planning sessions
- Provides back-up administrative support for the office of the Vice President Academic and Provost on occasion as required
- Perform others duties as assigned and appropriate
- College diploma and minimum three (3) years relevant experience including senior administrative support and/or project coordination experience
- Experience working in one or more of the functional areas of Academic Services (Information technology, student recruitment, enrolment services, registrar’s office, International Affairs) ideally in a post secondary education environment
- Excellent organizational skills and project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities and meet deadlines
- Superior organizational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize workflow, and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated proofreading copy editing and writing skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills, with a commitment to service excellence and to representing the department with a high degree of professionalism
- Technically adept with applicable software applications, Microsoft Office suite email/web applications and enterprise resource planning solutions; with the ability to, and interest in, learning applications in the Laurier IT environment.
- Ability to work to deadlines, proven dependability and flexibility, including a willingness to adjust work hours from time to time to meet deadlines
- Ability to protect and maintain information in strict confidence
- Demonstrated knowledge of meeting protocol and procedures including strong abilities in minute taking, and maintaining action and issue logs
- Knowledge of budget and accounting principles
||$28.06 - $33.01
||This position is currently under review.
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.