Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||International Applicant Relations Coordinator
||Recruitment & Admissions
||Manager, International Recruitment & Admissions
||As part of Laurier’s Global Engagement Strategy, and in an effort to meet our targets for international students, this position will work closely with prospective international applicants with an engaging personal touch to ensure the enrolment management goals of the university are met while being cognisant and supportive of a multi-campus environment. This position is expected to ensure the care of our prospective students is given the utmost attention.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, International Recruitment and Admissions, the Applicant Relations Coordinator performs a variety of tasks relating specifically to international student recruitment. This involves acting as the frontline key contact for Laurier’s prospective students, guidance counsellors, parents and recruiting agents so that the best possible service is provided.This position will build and maintain relationships with prospective students and applicants to assist them in their decision making regarding post-secondary education. The work will be performed in a fast paced environment with a high volume of queries that will be dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
The incumbent will advance Laurier’s international student profile through careful consideration and implementation of our on-going marketing strategy, working with direction from the Manager, Marketing and Communications to utilize social media and e-recruitment tools.
The International Applicant Relations Coordinator will also supervise the international student ambassadors, coordinate volunteers, participate in recruitment and conversion activities as needed, and participate in the promotion of the university on an international level.
Recruitment and Admissions is a team based, multi-campus environment and the International Applicant Relations Coordinator is a key contributor to the overall objectives of this department. As part of the Recruitment and Admissions team, this position has an overall understanding of the other team members' activities and will assist other members when required. The incumbent must demonstrate highly developed organizational skills and be able to work well independently.
||Applicant Relations and Communications
• Responsible for front-line communications providing exceptional service to prospective students, applicants and confirmed students via email, phone and social media including responsibility for the international email account
• Customize responses to detailed/complex inquiries to meet the individual needs of a variety of students ensuring information needed to make key decisions is provided promptly and with a personal touch
• Build and maintain relationships with students, parents, recruitment agents and guidance counselors as well as external partners, such as embassies and international organizations on admission requirements, policies/procedures, programs, residence, campus life, student services, etc.
• In partnership with the Manager, Marketing & Communications, execute social media plan and support the web presence of the Recruitment and Admissions department, including university webpages, virtual tour, and social media platforms
• Coordinates all web-based initiatives for the International Recruitment & Admissions cohort, including managing all aforementioned web properties
• Assist with a number of admission communication campaigns designed as outreach to applicants and prospective students through a department CRM or other e-recruitment tools
Recruitment Activities and Supervisory Duties
• Participate in recruitment events and tours as required such as the Ontario Universities’ Fair, on-campus open houses, visiting groups and schools, and the occasional fair-style high school event
• Responsible for extensive knowledge of all departments on any campus of the university including university programs and activities and admission practices and procedures
• Assist with the organization, implementation and evaluation of campus visit days for counsellors, parents and students, visiting dignitaries and other international groups
• Research and participate in virtual recruitment fairs as required
• Hire and provide initial and ongoing training to the Ambassador team (12-20 students); provide leadership and guidance to create an exceptional learning experience, assign meaningful duties to the ambassadors and build a team that will continue to provide an outstanding student communication program
• Supervise the maintenance of statistics and prepare semi-annual and annual reports
• Supervise daily student ambassador tasks using the Ambassador project profiles. This includes prospective student communication through pen pal and call campaigns, international campus tours, reception duties, and other duties as assigned.
• Participate in recruitment training, including gathering extensive knowledge of the university, public speaking and presentation practice and gaining extensive knowledge of the admission practices and procedures
||• University degree
• Minimum 1 year recent related work experience in either a Recruitment or Admissions role
• Demonstrated exceptional writing skills that reflect a commitment to precision, customer service, and natural rapport building
• Demonstrated skill/ability in the following areas: Dealing courteously and effectively with people; exercising good judgment and initiative; answering inquiries in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated knowledge about and sensitivity to cultural issues and superior cross-cultural communication skills; ability to relate well to a variety of people and maintain trust with our target audience
• Understand and maintain sensitivity to dissemination of information when dealing with information about prospective students
• Previous supervisory experience and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to the student employees
• Experience using social media as a marketing tool within an organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of university programs, regulations, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of the Ontario University and secondary school system, admissions criteria; out-of-province and international education systems and the student visa process an asset
• Ability to work independently and set priorities
• Experience travelling across Canada and internationally
• Experience with public speaking and making effective presentations
• A valid Ontario “G” driver’s license with proven good driving record, Canadian passport and willingness to travel (domestically and internationally) as required (minimal)
• Knowledge of a second language an asset
||$28.76 - $33.83
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.