Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
|Job Type :
|Reports To :
||Associate Director: Marketing & Creative Services
|Position Summary :
||Reporting to the Associate Director: Marketing & Creative Services in Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing (CPAM), the Web Manager is responsible for the university’s overall multi-campus web presence, including planning, developing and executing a web strategy to support the university’s strategic objectives and communications needs. The Web Manager develops and implements the overall strategy for wlu.ca and all official Laurier sites, and works with CPAM social media colleagues to devise the institution’s comprehensive digital marketing-communications strategies and programs in support of the university’s goals. The Web Manager utilizes analytics extensively to inform strategies and programs, and is the university’s foremost expert on effective use of the web as one of the institution’s primary communications assets reaching multiple constituencies. Along with the CMS administrator in ITS, this position is a key university advocate for the use of the content management system. The position is an important member of the department’s management team and a key contributor to the university’s reputation management program, ensuring the web presence is aligned with brand standards and institutional messaging.
||• Working with CPAM and ITS colleagues, plays a key role in managing phase two of the university’s current web renewal project, involving implementation of a new, enterprise level Content Management System (Hannon Hill Cascade Server) and complete redesign. Acts as CPAM’s co-lead in the selection of a firm to work with Laurier through this project and serves as CPAM’s primary point of contact with this external partner. Coordinates all aspects of the initial relaunch of wlu.ca, including the migration of all remaining web content from departments and faculties.
• Oversees content strategy development, content creation, content management, and strategic use of the institution’s public-facing website. Consults with stakeholders and audience groups to evaluate and improve the experience of visitors to the University’s website.
• Manages the content of the top-levels of the University web presence through planning, design, development, usability testing, writing and editing, implementation, and maintenance.
• Manages the day-to-day operation and integration of the University’s sites, owned by multiple units, including editorial influence, content guidance, improvements to usability and design, and analytics and search engine optimization.
• Provides direction to departments, programs and offices on their websites, advocating for support for campus web managers and editors and overseeing the development and delivery of centralized training and education.
• Articulates web-specific plans and solutions for accomplishing the goals and strategies outlined in marketing and communication plans; recommends and prioritizes options.
• Conducts environmental scans and competitive analyses, including ongoing web and online content audits/inventories, gap analyses to ensure website content meets institutional and users needs, and emerging platform evaluations.
• Monitors data/metrics from the University’s web analytics tools, both for key sections of the main website, and metrics for specific institutional digital initiatives.
• Participates in plans and decisions related to visual design, usability, and multimedia aspects of the Laurier web presence. Contributes to enhancement and redesign projects on an ongoing basis.
• Works with CPAM social media colleagues to ensure strategic alignment and tactical execution.
• Where required, develops content for top-level, marketing-critical website landing pages and writes features and profiles for the web.
• Manages the professional development of all positions reporting to the manager
• Responsible for hiring staff in conjunction with Human Resources
• Evaluates staff in keeping with university and WLUSA policies
• Plays a key role in developing and maintaining strong, positive relationships with colleagues throughout the university with responsibility for their particular area’s web content.
• Serves on appropriate web governance committees.
||• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related discipline.
• Seven or more years’ work experience in communications, marketing and public relations, with a focus on web and digital communications, preferably at an educational institution.
• Extensive current knowledge of and experience with enterprise content management systems, web analytics tools and mobile technologies.
• Experience managing web renewal initiatives.
• Experience managing complex websites with multiple owners.
• Knowledge of best practices for analytics, search and search engine optimization.
• Demonstrated understanding of best practices in information architecture, navigation, user interface, accessibility standards and testing.
• Superior interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Superior ability to exercise sounds judgment in dealing with sensitive situations.
• Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Experience supervising employees and a proven ability to influence, lead and motivate others outside a formal reporting structure.
• Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving and prioritizing skills in a multi-task environment.
• Ability to work effectively under deadlines in a high-pressure environment, and juggle several assignments simultaneously.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in writing for the web.
||$72,248 - $80,749
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.