Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Bookstore Sales Assistant
||Supervisor, Stedman Community Bookstore
||The Bookstore Sales Assistant aids the Laurier Brantford Bookstore Supervisor to provide excellent and efficient customer service for the Laurier Brantford and city of Brantford communities. The incumbent assists in maintaining the day-to-day retail operation of the Brantford Bookstore location. This position provides support for Point of Sale (POS) customer transactions.
||• Process daily sales using POS system for cash, credit, debit card and internal transactions, bank deposits
• Troubleshoot any POS or bank terminal issues including overages/shortages
• Process refunds for books, clothing and supplies in accordance with Bookstore policies
• Help with daily opening/closing duties as necessary
• Help with annual hiring process of student staff
• Provide direction to student staff on customer service, POS system, bank terminal, refunds/exchanges, trouble shooting strategies and other relevant Bookstore policies and procedures as outlined by the Supervisor
• Assist with maintaining health, safety and security for the Bookstore and student staff
• Monitor student staff schedule and work flow
• Respond to customer inquiries in person, by telephone and internet, and instruct customers on use of online order system
• Assist with e-commerce order fulfillment, including Online Learning materials
• Assist with organising, shelving and labelling of course materials prior to each term
• Place follow-up enquiries with textbook publishers to resolve any course material-related delays or difficulties
• Merchandise clothing, giftware, supplies, trade books and confectionery; track inventory levels and restock shelves
• Ensure the store is kept clean, organised and presentable
• Assist with annual inventory count
• Assist with various Bookstore events
• Other duties as assigned
||• High school diploma plus one year post secondary coupled with 1-2 years related experience including retail and customer service experience
• Working knowledge of Point of Sale system
• Familiarity with Laurier Brantford and City of Brantford communities - experience dealing with both is an asset
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, with a penchant for accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to relate well to a variety of customers (university students, staff, faculty, Brantford community) and the student staff members
• Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions
• Capable of moderate lifting on a frequent basis and prolonged standing during peak sales periods
• High energy and a passion for the promotion and attainment of Laurier Brantford Bookstore’s goals
• Flexible availability required at beginning of term and as necessary for events (evenings and Saturday)
• Position is laid off during summer months
||$20.07 - $22.43/hour
||This is a part-time, recurring position from July 1, 2013 until March 31, 2014 (15 hours/week)
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.