Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Junior Systems Analyst – Web
||Full-time, Limited Term
||Manager, Administrative Information Systems
||The Systems Analyst I – Web reports to the Manager, Administrative Information Systems. The incumbent will aid in the implementation, maintenance and the development of the current University Web site and in maximizing effectiveness and usability of the web site. The incumbent will work closely with individuals from other University departments.
||• Become completely familiar with the structure and working of the sites at www.wlu.ca and web.wlu.ca
• Liaise with Enterprise System analysts, Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing staff, and University departments.
• Aid in systems analysis and design in accordance with accepted standards.
• Activities include assistance in project management by providing accurate work estimates, analyzing and documenting existing and new processes, redesigning workflow for greater efficiency, database design and development and conducting fit-gap analysis.
• Participate on the implementation team on new installations, upgrades or migrations of web sites and other custom or purchased software applications.
• Assist with adequate testing prior to releasing new software enhancements into production.
• Ensure that accurate and complete systems and end-user documentation exists for applications supported and maintained by the Administrative Information Systems department.
• Aid with instructions and client training on an on-going basis; provide technical support in the effective use and design of web-based solutions.
• Provide quality programming and development as well as systems support, maintenance and troubleshooting in a web enabled environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Administrative Information Systems
• Provide a 24/7 support to our systems by being on-call or on call-back.
• Comply with and help to enforce standard ITS policies and procedures.
• Work closely with outside vendors to solve system issues.
• Track incidents through the ticketing system and ensure tickets are solved within their SLAs.
||• Minimum of college diploma
• Providing system and user support using software tools for development and implementation, software programming. and maintenance.
• Knowledge of RDMS systems, preferably MySQL based in a Unix and Linux environnements.
• Experience administering apache web servers.
• Analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with users with varying levels of technical expertise.
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet short deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to be discreet and to maintain confidential information.
• A desire to work in a fast paced, challenging, and rapidly changing environment requiring a commitment to continuous learning
||$24.23 - 28.51
This is a 12 month limited term position from September 2013 to September 2014.
This position is represented by the WLU Staff Association bargaining unit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.