Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Date Posting Closes - External :
|Position Title :
||Central Academic Unit, Brantford campus
|Job Type :
|Reports To :
||Manager, Academic Advising
|Position Summary :
||The Central Academic Unit is responsible for a wide range of academic processes. This unit plays a primary role in supporting the academic goals and objectives of the university, the students and the faculty on the Brantford campus.
The Administrative Assistant is accountable for the ongoing provision of efficient administrative support to the Associate Deans. The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for students, staff and faculty on behalf of the Associate Deans and as such must be an informed and professional representative of the unit.
The position calls for a combination of strong administrative and coordination skills and the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will work with a high degree of independence and exercise judgment and discretion in the organization and performance of duties in a professional and confidential manner.
||General Office Administration
• Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the Central Academic Unit (CAU).
• Maintain a filing system for the CAU.
• Receives documents, courier deliveries and faxes and distributes accordingly.
• Train, oversee and supervise the schedule and duties of student employees.
• Coordinate and maintain all office supplies and equipment.
• Requisition supplies, printing, maintenance and other services as needed.
• Maintain website for the CAU.
Administrative Support to the Associate Deans
• Provide administrative support to the Associate Deans.
• Coordinate appointments using electronic scheduling and ensure all information is provided for meetings, such as agendas, minutes, and other documents.
• Compose and maintain effective communication outreach strategies to Faculty, Staff and Students.
• Other duties as requested.
• Provide administrative support for special events and meetings.
• Coordinate and organize travel and conference arrangements as required.
||• Related post secondary education with a minimum of two years experience in a similar position.
• Excellent phone and reception manner, and the ability to handle frequent interruptions.
• Proven experience as a team player.
• Ability to adapt to changing situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Problem solving skills required.
• Ability to work co-ordinate a multitude of priorities and tasks.
• High degree of accuracy in the performance of all tasks.
• Ability to assess situations and work independently as appropriate.
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of the appropriate software programs.
||$20.07 - $22.43/hour
|Salary Notes :
||This is a part-time, continuing position (15hrs/week)
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.