Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Apply By :
|Position Title :
|Job Type :
||Full-time, Limited Term
|Reports To :
||Director Culinary Operations
|Position Summary :
||The Pastry Chef is required to assist the Culinary and Catering Lead hands with day to day pastry production. Previous knowledge and education in baking preparation is essential. Employees must adhere to food standards, health and safety practices and Departmental policies. The position requires the employee to stand continuously, moving around the kitchen area and in and out of freezers. The work environment can be warm, noisy and occasionally crowded.
The employee must be skilled and knowledgeable in the use of institutional kitchen equipment.
**It should be understood that the University Food Services operation is a 7 day a week operation and you may be occasionally required to work outside of your regularly scheduled work hours as business dictates**
||• Knowledge of Fresh Food Company stations to assist Food Service Associates when necessary
• Assist in the development of new dessert, pastry and bread products
• Lead by example as a hands on Pastry Chef to ensuring the quality & consistency of all products served
• Ensure that all food is prepared from scratch using the exact standards as set out by Aramark Smart menu program.
• To ensure all Pastry production work is completed in accordance to production sheets.
• Assist Culinary(LH) or Catering(LH) or DCO with any task that might arise in daily operations
• Follows and adheres to all Food Services policies and procedures
• Hands on Fresh Food Company and Catering food production as needed
• Practices safe and sanitary food preparation and service techniques
• Performs and completes duties on daily cleaning sheets.
• Dessert Preparation, presentation and execution of upscale caterings when required
• Hands on food preparation, presentation technique, and adherence of quality standards
• Follows all government/ University policies and legislation, including but not limited to Food Safety and Sanitation, Occupational Health and Safety, Workers Compensation, Employment Standards, Human Rights & Labour Law and Harassment.
• Lifting at times boxes in excess of 50LBS
• Communicate with Customers, Clients and Employees in a professional manner
• Performs other duties as assigned
||• Red Seal Chef Papers or Equivalent
• Previous leadership experience in a Pastry production required
• Knowledge of local and Canadian pastries, desserts and confections
• Knowledge of new trends in presentation and preparation
• Working knowledge of sugar work/chocolate/bread skills an asset
• Knowledge of institutional kitchen equipment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekend as business dictates
• Knowledge of WHMIS
• Team Player and Outgoing
• Friendly, courteous and positive attitude
|Salary Notes :
||This is a full-time, limited term position for the duration of 8 months.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to lay-off December, Reading Week and mid April to September
Represented by UCFW bargaining unit
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.