Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Posting ID :
|Date Posting Closes - External :
|Position Title :
||Academic Program Assistant
||Dean's Office, Brantford
|Job Type :
||Full-time, Limited Term
|Reports To :
||Administrative Manager, Dean's Office
|Position Summary :
||The Dean’s Office is responsible for a wide range of academic processes at the Brantford campus. The office plays a primary role in supporting the academic goals and objectives of the university. Reporting to the Administrative Manager and to the Program Coordinators, the Academic Program Assistant is responsible for general office administration.
The position calls for a combination of strong administrative and coordination skills and the ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. The incumbent will work to ensure that a high level of customer service is provided. The successful candidate will work with a high degree of independence and exercise judgement and discretion in the organization and performance of duties.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Coordinators for their programs;
- Provide administrative support for program committees where the Program Coordinator is the chair;
- Respond independently to administrative concerns, telephone inquiries and requests from students, managers, faculty, staff and visitors;
- Handle correspondence (sometimes including composition); sort and prioritize incoming mail;
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date and accurate filing system, both traditionally and electronically;
- Track and record information for the Program Coordinators, ensuring that all documents and forms are received in a timely manner;
- Liaise with Student Association Executive (or equivalent) on behalf of Program Coordinators;
- Update and maintain program websites;
- Maintain the Program Operating Budgets, responsible for the approval of invoices and expenditures and processing expense claims, including those related to special fund expenditures;
- Assist with the co-ordination and planning of academic events;
- Act as staff representative for campus events, such as Headstart, O Week activities and Open House;
- Assist with new program proposals;
- Assist the Program Coordinators with program reviews.
Administrative Recruitment Process
- Under the direction of the Administrative Assistant, Dean’s Office, manage the administrative processes for Part-time faculty recruitment for the Program, following the regulations of the Collective Agreement. This includes the posting of courses, collecting applications, coordination of hiring committee meetings, the efficient communication of hiring decisions to the Administrative Assistant, Dean’s Office for approval, offers of appointment and the preparation of contracts. The Academic Program Assistant will also be responsible for remitting the offers of appointment package to the CAS member.
- Assist with the administrative processes for Full-time faculty recruitment for the campus, following the regulations of the Collective Agreement, including tracking of applications, correspondence, interview and travel arrangements, and tracking statistics regarding recruitment.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes, book and prepare meeting space/facilities;
- Help co-ordinate travel arrangements and schedules for guests, such as external reviewers;
- Liaise with staff, faculty, students, external contacts and Waterloo personnel;
- Other clerical duties as required.
- Related post secondary education with a minimum one (1) year related experience;
- Demonstrated experience as a team player with the ability to work independently;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Ability to coordinate a multitude of priorities and tasks;
- Excellent phone and reception manner, and the ability to handle frequent interruptions;
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office. Banner, Groupwise, or similar electronic calendar management an asset.
||$32,264 - $36,026
|Salary Notes :
||This is a full-time, limited term position from May 6, 2013 - May 26, 2014.
|Please Note :
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.