Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
|Date Posting Closes - External
||Learning and Organizational Development Administrator
||Full-time, Limited Term
||Manager, Learning and Organizational Development
||The Learning and OD Administrator serves two functions within the Human Resources department. The primary role is to support and facilitate the services and initiatives of the Learning and Organizational Development function. In addition to this, the Administrator provides support the recruitment and on-boarding process for new employees.
The nature of the position requires an individual who is professional in nature, self-motivated and can handle multiple demands with simultaneous deadlines, who can plan ahead and anticipate the needs, is highly organized and who has an interest in, knowledge of and background (work/education) in event coordination, administration, human resources and adult education.
Interpersonal interactions are required on an ongoing basis with departments at the Waterloo Campus, the Brantford Campus, the Toronto and China offices and external partners. The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise to key university initiatives in a multi-campus environment. This position has a university-wide mandate and is based at the Waterloo Campus.
• Completes action notices for Payroll for all new hires (or any activity arising from a competition)
• Participates in the recruitment process to hire for various employee groups
• Compiles and sends out welcome packages for all hires
• Conducts orientation sessions and benefit enrollments with new hires
• Provides backup for Human Resources Assistant
• Other Human Resources duties as required
Learning & Development:
1. Event Coordination
• Implements project plans for all key Learning and OD events (Staff Development Day, Employee Achievement Awards, Leadership Development Program)
• Responsible for scheduling annual learning plan with workshop facilitators
• Coordinates the implementation of all learning event planning (e.g., room reservations and set-up, A/V equipment arrangements, registration, preparation/packaging of event materials, communications, promotion, signage, pre and post follow-through, etc.)
• Establishes positive relationships and acts as first point of contact for all Learning and OD related inquiries from multiple stakeholders (staff, faculty, students, facilitators)
• Provides support for facilitators prior to and day of workshops to ensure smooth event operations
• Prepares post-event reports and follow-up (e.g., evaluation reports; planning timeline revisions; updating event database)
• Using post-event survey information, collates and provides recommendations to managers on learning gaps and areas for improvement/change
• Reviews office practices and policies and makes recommendations to the managers and implements resulting changes (cancellation policy, registration processes, facilitator contracts)
2. Technical and E-Learning Support
• Oversees the ongoing development and maintenance of the On-Line Registration Database; makes recommendations for continuous improvements and has overall project responsibility for working with IT resources on development plans
• Provides support to key users of the registration site and provides training to users
• Creates and maintains participant databases associated with learning operations (e.g., certificate/program completion)
• Generates reports (e.g., demographics, learning history) in support of L&OD initiatives and performance measurements
• Provides technical guidance and support for using webinar technology to program managers and participants
3. HR/Web Communications
• Liaises with HR Department staff for purposes of gathering information in the preparation of developing web content and features for profiles, articles and general employee information stories for the HR Department web site
• Prepares and edits content for the HR Department website
• Contributes to the preparation of guideline documents and support materials (e.g., new employee on-boarding materials, annual learning calendar, workshop materials)
• Works with CPAM to create marketing materials for L and OD programming
• Provides assistance in implementing and communicating employee surveys, evaluations, assessments and focus groups through project coordination. Supports the consolidation of results
• Responsible for the creation, implementation and maintenance of the L and OD social media plan in consultation with the L and OD managers
• Centrally manages room bookings and serves as the primary key holder for the 202 Regina Street training room; coordinates bookings with other training room users and external users as required
• Ensures the central training room is stocked and organized with supplies
• Orders supplies and monitors inventory for event use
• Maintains and updates budget records and ensures proper documentation to support accounting and record keeping; participates in budget planning and preparation.
• Process invoices for payment on a regular, timely basis.
||• College diploma in Human Resources, training and development, event planning, adult education or a related field
• Minimum 2 years previous experience in a coordination and/or administration role, preferably in the learning and development or education field or human resources
• Strong interpersonal, oral/written communication and customer service skills (for a range of audiences - e.g., students, staff, faculty; formal and informal writing)
• Excellent organizational and project management skills (ability to work with multiple deadlines and interruptions)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a close knit team
• Attentive to detail and accuracy of work
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of student, staff and faculty communications
• Self-motivated (e.g., able to learn quickly)
• Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency using e-mail and browser applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media
• Advanced PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge and proficiency using reporting programs (e.g., Cognos), learning/course management systems (e.g., D2L), information systems (e.g., Banner)
||$44 650 - $49 900
||*This is a full-time, limited term leave replacement role up to the duration of fourteen (14) months from January 13, 2014 to March 21, 2015
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier's Employee Success Factors.
Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority. To obtain a copy of this job description in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007.