Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Program Assistant - Volunteer Services
||Noon, Tuesday, May 28, 2013
||The West Vancouver Community Services Department has an immediate opening for a casual Program Assistant (for approximately 4 months).
||Reporting to the Program Coordinator-Volunteer Services, this position will be responsible for:
• Providing administrative support to the Program Coordinator including composing correspondence and documentation, maintaining records and files, photocopying, printing, and scheduling meetings;
• Assisting with generating and maintaining a current list of volunteer opportunities available in Parks and Community Services for children, youth and adults;
• Assisting with managing the on-line tracking and recording of statistical data with regards to volunteers and their hours of work through a volunteer management program;
• In accordance with established practices and procedures, providing assistance to and dealing tactfully with both internal and external contacts;
• Assisting in the planning, promotion and implementation of special events related to the assigned phases of volunteer coordination; and,
• Performing other related duties as required.
||The preferred candidate will possess: knowledge of rules, regulations, supplies, equipment and facilities required for various programs and events; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff members and the public; the ability to give clear instructions and speak and write effectively and understandably; and knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
The successful candidate has completed: post-secondary education Recreation, Social Sciences, Human Resources or Volunteer Management, supplemented by some experience in recreation work, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Driver’s Licence valid in the Province of British Columbia is required.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
||Parks, Culture and Community Services
|Hours of Work
||Hours and days of work will vary
|Compensation - Hourly
||$22.357-$26.271 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.