Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Facilities Capital Project Coordinator
||Noon, Tuesday January 15, 2013
||The District of West Vancouver has an immediate opening for a temporary, full-time Facilities Capital Project Coordinator for approximately three years.
||Reporting to the Manager of Facilities & Assets, this position will be responsible for:
• Providing administrative support and coordination in the preparation of confidential correspondence, documents and reports;
• Coordinating construction efforts through in-house and contract labour for construction projects;
• Recording, tracking, and processing all construction drawings and purchase requisitions;
• Receiving and distributing requests for information, including explaining policies and procedures to staff and members of the public;
• Ensuring that technical and building systems are sent to Facilities staff in a satisfactory manner (including commissioning, testing, training, and documentation);
• Preparing close-out documentation, including O&M Manuals, warranties and archive project records;
• Monitoring contractor performance and insuring project is adjourning to terms and conditions of agreements;
• Preparing budget reports and monthly cost reports; and
• Other related duties as required.
||The successful candidate has completed: a Diploma in field related to architecture or engineering, plus 2 years of project management experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project), a BC Driver’s License and a vehicle are required. Experience in the use of AutoCAD will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Job Profile.
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we are no longer accepting resumes via email or hard copy.