Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Network Analyst (Revised Closing Date)
||Noon, Wednesday, February 19, 2014
||The West Vancouver Information Technology Services Department has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Network Analyst.
||Reporting to the Information Technology Services Manager, this position will be responsible for:
• Participating in recommendations regarding network standards, architecture improvements and changes in the performance and use of the District’s computer network;
• Maintaining a highly available data/voice network environment;
• Reviewing network performance using network management tools. Making recommendations/changes to address issues as they are identified;
• Configuring and installing routers, switches and related network equipment;
• Leading projects to upgrade and change the network infrastructure;
• Troubleshooting and resolving network issues, VMware EXSi hosts, performance issues, and optimizing the environments;
• Maintaining and upgrading the District’s VMware virtual farm;
• Deploying, maintaining and upgrading the District’s corporate servers;
• Maintaining and troubleshooting District’s technologies such as SAN arrays, firewalls, Wi-Fi network and remote access solutions;
• Maintaining a high level of security standards throughout the network infrastructure;
• Working with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
||The preferred candidate will possess: experience with design, implementation and maintenance of LAN and WAN networks; VMware virtual infrastructure proficiency; experience with SonicWall firewalls, Equallogic SANs, Cisco and HP switches and Citrix solutions; experience with one or more of the various security devices for intrusion detection/prevention systems and firewalls; knowledge on Windows 2008 R2 and above with emphasis on MS Exchange, IIS and Active Directory; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team. Desirable qualifications include any two of the following: MCSE with an emphasis on Messaging and Server Infrastructure, CCNP certification with emphasis on Voice or Data Center, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DCD, and RHCE.
The successful candidate has graduated from an institute of technology with a diploma in computer sciences or a related discipline plus considerable related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
||IT and Development
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (Hours and days of work may vary and may include weekends, evenings and Call outs)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$38.022 to $44.921 per hour
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.