Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Land Development Engineer
||Noon, Thursday January 31, 2013
||The West Vancouver Planning, Lands & Permits Division has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Land Development Engineer.
||Reporting to the Manager of Development Engineering, this position will be responsible for:
• Establishing servicing requirements in accordance with Municipal standards and approving works and services drawings for buildings and permits;
• Liaising and consulting with the Engineering Department to ensure appropriate works and services requirements and design are met;
• Building and maintaining effective communication and co-ordination with both internal and external contacts;
• Overseeing the preparation of agreements and administering agreements;
• Responding to enquiries, requests and complaints and taking appropriate remedial action;
• Providing direction to employees by planning, assigning, and supervising work;
• Ensuring, through site monitoring, inspections and reporting requirements, appropriate engineering standards are met for municipal infrastructure/services;
• Assisting with developing, implementing and monitoring systems to improve the processing of building permit applications;
• Reviewing Traffic Management Plan for new residential developments; and,
• Participating in other duties and special projects as assigned
||The preferred candidate will possess: thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices as applied to the planning, design, construction and maintenance of municipal infrastructure; knowledge of the Local Government Act as it relates to land development; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, staff, development applicants, and civic officials.
The successful candidate will possess a Degree in Civil Engineering and possesses a minimum 5-7 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Further requirements include: Membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC; a valid Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia; and a vehicle.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.