Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Transit Operators Convention Operations (Temporary)
||Tuesday, Noon April 30, 2013
||West Vancouver Transit is calling for applications from drivers wishing to be considered for future Transit Operator (Conventional Operations) positions for the summer of 2013.
||Transit Operators are responsible for:
• Safely operating a Transit vehicle in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Act of the Province of British Columbia, regulations and Municipal By-laws, as well as policies & procedures as required by the Transit Department;
• Demonstrating courtesy and attention to passengers’ comfort & safety;
• Providing general information and assistance to passengers regarding routes, schedules and fares as required;
• Collecting and monitoring of fares, transfers, tickets and passes;
• Maintaining a high standard of personal appearance including the care and wearing of uniforms issued to the Operator; and,
• Performing other duties as required.
||The preferred candidate will possess: thorough knowledge of transit routes, schedules, and fares; the ability to adapt to change in service delivery and hours of work in a team atmosphere; the ability to maintain a professional approach under a variety of conditions; a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public; excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude; and an excellent driving record.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum Class 2 Driver’s Licence with Air Brake endorsement. Successful candidate who has been selected for employment will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and to complete a pre-employment Medical Assessment with a Municipal Physician.
Please contact ICBC at 604-661-2255 and have them email your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract to West Vancouver Transit at email@example.com. Your Claims History & Driver’s Abstract must be submitted directly from ICBC or your application will not be processed.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
||Engineering & Transportation
|Job Profile/Class Specification
|Hours of Work
||40 hours per week (shift work including night and split shifts)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$20.53 to $27.37 per hour progression over 24 months
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.