Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Utilities Technologist - Replacement Temporary (Approximately One Year)
||2060-12-WVMEA-TEMP-29 - R
||Noon, January 21, 2013
||The West Vancouver Utilities Department has an immediate opening for a replacement temporary full-time Utilities Technologist.
||Reporting to the Utilities Engineer, the Utilities Technologist will be responsible for technical field and office work related to a variety of municipal engineering functions such as:
• Participating in planning and design of systems and projects related to storm and sanitary sewers, water mains, and other underground utilities.
• Preparing cost and quantity estimates; makes technical computations and calculations; issue drawings and related documents for assigned projects.
• Collecting survey and utility data; prepares preliminary drawings and designs for review and approval; performs skilled survey and drafting (CAD) duties as required.
• Conducting field investigations of design area to assess site conditions; make recommendations for project modifications and ensures conformity of plans to municipal standards, policies and regulations.
• Preparing and maintaining a variety of materials such as reports, plans, drawings, records, correspondence and work orders as well as preparation of request for proposals and assessment of the response.
• Review a variety of drawings, reports, and documentation from other departments, consultants, contractors and suppliers; coordinating and responding to technical inquiries independently or in conjunction with municipal staff.
||The successful candidate will possess:
• A diploma of Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• A member of or eligibility for full membership in the Applied Science Technologist and Technicians Association of BC as an AScT or CTech;
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, AutoCAD;
• Strong customer service skills, excellent verbal and written communication skill;
• Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License for the Province of British Columbia.
During the assessment process, successful candidates will be required to submit an acceptable Driver’s Abstract from ICBC.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
||Engineering & Transportation
|Job Profile/Class Specification
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$33.145 to $39.135 per hour
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.