Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Manager - Development Planning
||Noon, Monday November 25, 2013(Revised)
||The West Vancouver Planning, Land Development & Permits Division has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Manager of Development Planning.
||Reporting to the Director of Planning, Land Development & Permits, this position will be responsible for:
• Facilitating and actively participating in the development review process, and the review and negotiation of community amenities;
• Directing and coordinating consideration of land use and development proposals;
• Undertaking technical analysis/evaluation for a broad range of projects and produces comprehensive reports and recommendations on development proposals, including confidential reports of a politically sensitive nature, for submission to superiors and Council;
• Ensuring the optimum utilization of staff through their selection, training, development and motivation and provides leadership, guidance and management direction to employees by planning, assigning, and supervising work;
• Prepares and presenting proposals, reports and recommendations on a variety of planning projects addressing physical, social and economic issues; and,
• Performing other related duties as required.
||The preferred candidate will possess: thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and laws relating to community planning including current literature, trends and issues; and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
The successful candidate has completed a Masters degree in planning or a related field plus considerable years of progressive related planning experience including local government or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Eligibility for full membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia, a BC Driver’s Licence and a vehicle are required.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.