Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Noon, Wednesday March 13, 2013
||The District of West Vancouver Utilities Department requires the services of a permanent, full-time Utilities Technician responsible for technical field and office work related to a variety of municipal utilities functions.
||This position will be responsible for:
• Providing information and assistance related to planning, designing, infrastructure condition assessments, asset management analyses, and regulatory requirements, and preparing cost estimates for utility based projects (potable water, sanitary sewage, and storm drainage);
• Collecting and processing various data, records, drawings, and maintains electronic and hard copy databases;
• Conducting field investigations and surveying as required;
• Handling enquiries, complaints and provides technical information and assistance to staff, the public, contractors, consulting engineers and others;
• Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of materials such as reports, plans, drawings, records, correspondence and work orders as well as assisting on preparation of request for proposals and assessment of the response;
• Reviewing a variety of drawings, reports, and documentation from other departments, consultants, contractors and suppliers;
• Coordinating and responding to technical inquiries independently or in conjunction with municipal staff; and
• Performing other duties as required.
||This position requires completion of a diploma program in Civil Engineering plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge of AutoCad 3D would be an asset. A Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia is also required.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Job Profile.
||Engineering & Transportation
|Job Profile/Class Specification
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$30.931 to $36.448 per hour
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.