Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Executive Director of West Vancouver Community Centres Society
||Noon, Monday, January 28, 2013
||The West Vancouver Community Services Department, in partnership with the West Vancouver Community Centres Society, have an immediate opening for a permanent, part-time Executive Director of West Vancouver Community Centres Society.
||Reporting to the Society’s Board of Directors through the Chair and/or the Executive Committee and to the District through the Senior Manager of Community Services, this position will be responsible for:
• Implementing and executing policies, contracts, and other obligations of the Society, while ensuring adherence to the Joint Operating Agreement;
• Assisting in the design, development and execution of the Society strategic and annual plans in a cost effective and time efficient manner; including assisting in the development of the Society budget
• Acting as chief resource to a variety of Committees;
• Supporting all Board activities, including fundraising, the Annual General Meeting, Annual Report and other reports;
• Providing participation & leadership in Society activities, including Resource Development, in a pro-active & community collaborative mode;
• Creating partnership agreements with other organizations and the Society;
• Establishing sound working relationships and arrangements with community groups and organizations;
• Maintaining the Society’s official records and documents, and ensuring the Society’s compliance with federal, provincial, and local government regulations and requirements; and,
• Participating in other duties and special projects as assigned.
||The preferred candidate will possess: demonstrated skill in community engagement and resource development, and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
The successful candidate has completed: a Degree in Business, Administration, Social Services, or a related discipline, plus comprehensive experience in the community services field including knowledge of the principles, theories and practices of community services together with experience working with non-profit organizations, boards, and committees, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position will be required to work some evenings and weekends. A BC Driver’s Licence and a vehicle are required.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
|Hours of Work
||17.5 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.