Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Communications & Events Coordinator
||Noon, Friday December 27, 2013
||The West Vancouver Memorial Library has an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time Communications & Events Coordinator.
||The Communications & Events Coordinator carries out communications and promotional work in support of library programs and services. Responsibilities for this position include:
• Participating in the planning, development and evaluation of communication strategies in support of the Library’s strategic priorities and operational objectives;
• Producing and disseminating library materials for print, multimedia, and online communications channels, including the e-newsletter, calendar of events, and Leisure Guide listings;
• Writing and editing copy for event promotion and library public relations; assuring consistency of layout and style in press releases, newsletters, articles, advertising, web content and other publications;
• Coordinating the creation and production of visual materials including photographs, graphics and videos;
• Preparing content for and participating in ongoing development of the Library’s online presence including website, social media, e-newsletter, the online events calendar, and other pages;
• Supporting media relations, including developing and maintaining contacts with mainstream and alternative media, District and other organizations;
• Managing special events at the Library and participating in planning the program of visual arts exhibits in the Gallery at the Library;
• Representing the library on various committees within the District, community and with other Libraries;
• Programming and promotional work in connection with community events and special programming initiatives; and,
• Other related duties as required.
||The preferred candidate will possess: considerable knowledge of the policies, standards and guidelines of professional communications work; sound knowledge of communications principles and practices, including writing and editing for both print and web; the ability to produce library communications for a variety of channels including print, multimedia and online; the ability to plan and organize special events; the ability to identify community opportunities and work with Library Departments and municipal and community groups to raise the Library’s profile; the ability to manage time and projects effectively and efficiently; the ability to work collaboratively in a busy library environment; and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
The successful candidate will possess a University degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications plus considerable related experience in libraries or local government, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A current Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check and supply a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$28.498-$33.559 per hour
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.