Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Art Gallery - Clerk I (For Approximately 8 months)
||Noon, Monday February 25, 2013
||The District of West Vancouver’s Cultural Affairs Department has an immediate opening for a casual Art Gallery – Clerk I, for approximately 8 months.
||Reporting to the Visual Arts Coordinator and Gallery Program Assistant, this position will be responsible for:
• Assisting with departmental clerical functions related to: gallery exhibitions, sales, programs, facility rentals, exhibition installation, events and volunteers;
• Providing basic information pertaining to the department to a variety of internal and external customers, including: renters, guest presenters, volunteers, employees, and customers;
• Assisting the Gallery Program Assistant with a variety of routine office records and functions, including: sales and merchandise reconciliations, payments and deposits, calendar updates, registration, and website/database content updates;
• Processing paperwork related to rentals, programs, and other departmental functions;
• Operating basic office equipment such as a laptop and projector; and
• Performing other related work as required.
||The preferred candidate will possess: the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and the public; the ability to effectively operate standard office equipment including Microsoft Office; the ability to follow oral and written instructions; high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Education in business or arts administration and experience working in community public galleries would be considered an asset. The preferred candidate should be comfortable with public speaking and able to effectively introduce events and presenters.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
||Cultural Affairs & Partnerships
|Job Profile/Class Specification
|Hours of Work
||Hours and days of work will vary and may include weekday evenings and weekends
|Compensation - Hourly
||$19.870-$24.230 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.