Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Noon, Tuesday January 29, 2013
||The West Vancouver Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for a temporary, full-time Network Analyst position.
||Reporting to the Manager Information Technology Services, this position will be responsible for:
• Overseeing, monitoring and analyzing the use of the District’s computer network;
• Researching, evaluating and keeping abreast of developments in network and standard application and communications techniques;
• Designing and coordinating the installation of data networks;
• Investigating, documenting, assessing and resolving network-related hardware, software and operating system malfunctions;
• Providing technical support for network software applications;
• Maintaining and troubleshooting computer network hardware, software, and peripherals;
• Installing and configuring telecommunications equipment, network related hardware and software;
• Recommending, documenting and maintaining policy and procedures manuals, network software configuration standards, records, files, reports and correspondences related to the work; and
• providing a range of systems training and/or support activities for users; and,
||The preferred candidate will possess: knowledge of company supported network platforms such as Windows server 2008 R2, Red Hat Linux, DELL Equallogic, VMware, Citrix including Xen Desktop, ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems, ability to learn and support new network components, sound knowledge of computer equipment and peripherals including operation, setup and installation; interacts with users on all aspect of information technology; good presentation skills to deliver user training; good technical writing skills for network and technical documentation; effective interviewing skills to probe customers about their needs or concerns thinks methodically and logically; tactful and diplomatic when dealing with others; persuasive, persistent, confident; positive and results-oriented; works independently with minimal supervision; collaborates with others on the team to ensure department goals are met; exercise good judgment and make rational decisions using ethical and moral practices at all times.
The successful candidate has completed post secondary education in business and/or specialized, computer network courses and certifications and will possess considerable related network experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience with personal computers and computer networks; must have exposure to varying end-user and server environment support. A valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the attached Class Specification.
||IT and Development
|Job Profile/Class Specification
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$37.553 – $44.366 per hour
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.