Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Department Secretary - Parks Department
||Noon, Wednesday September 11, 2013
||The West Vancouver Parks Department requires a permanent full-time Department Secretary to perform a variety of customer service and management support duties.
||Reporting to the Senior Manager of Parks, this position will be responsible for:
• Providing administrative and clerical support to the Parks Management team including: drafting and processing correspondence, managing calendars, answering phones, responding to public inquiries, conducting basic research, running financial reports and queries, entering data into the financial system, updating statistics and performance measures, filing, organizing departmental records, ensuring department webpage is up to date, and filling in reports and forms;
• Providing administrative and clerical support to a variety of working groups, boards, and committees including: coordinating meeting arrangements, preparing agenda and supporting materials, and taking, editing, transcribing and distributing minutes;
• Processing and issuing of a variety of documentation;
• Supporting the District Arborist including processing and record keeping of tree permit applications;
• Handling public inquiries, which may require the ability to handle conflict, including those related to controversial issues such as the Tree Policy and Tree Cutting Permits; and,
• Performing other duties as required.
||The preferred candidate will possess: excellent customer service and communications skills in order to effectively interact with the public and staff members; demonstrated conflict resolution skills; knowledge of business English, office practices and procedures; strong computer skills and thorough knowledge and ability using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint); and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The successful candidate is required to supply a criminal record check.
||This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
|Hours of Work
||35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
|Compensation - Hourly
||$23.293 to $27.366 per hour
||Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email, mail, fax, or in person.