Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference? As part of the VON team, you will make a positive impact on the lives of clients who need support services to help them with activities of daily living. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
||4441 - ME - RFT
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Community Supports Services
||The Coordinator, Volunteers will collaborate with the Program Manager to implement community support services as dictated by community needs and the site budget. They will work within the framework of quality and risk management, plus the standards and scope of practice set by VON.
This position requires the successful candidate to be on call once every four weeks, which is subject to change based upon business needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for volunteer recruitment and retention, orientation, training and in-services, as well as assessing and matching new clients and maintaining regular contact with existing clients (and those on the wait list). They will be responsible for volunteer evaluations, recognition and ongoing support of the needs of the Coordinator, Client Services.
Marketing, program promotion opportunities and fundraising as requested are included in the expectations of this role.
Other duties will be assigned, as required.
- Diploma/degree in a health/social science discipline
- Post secondary education in volunteer management or Volunteer
- Management Certificate preferred
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience in volunteer management
- Experience working in a community setting and/or with seniors
- Experience and/or education relating to Alzheimer Disease/Dementia an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience/training in marketing and public speaking an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
- Willingness to travel to neighboring communities
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs