Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||4183 - SL - TFT
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision and management of cost effective assessment and treatment interventions care to individuals and/or families in the community. Care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON and the provincial regulatory body for the Registered Occupational Therapist.
This position is being posted for maternity leave coverage, and is anticipated to run from May 15, 2013 to July 15, 2014.
This position has the possibility of extending into a permanent one based upon client volumes, with business needs being assessed towards the end of the temporary role.
- BA or Masters in OT and current license to practice in Ontario
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel to service locations
- CPR & First Aid
- Two years related clinical practice experience primarily with adults preferred
- Experience in community health preferred
- ADP authorizer an asset
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Interpersonal relationship building
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; fine hand movements.
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs