Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented individuals to play an important supporting role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Come work with us - it’s a job that matters!
|Hours Per Week
||The Receptionist will create a welcoming front office environment to the VON site by greeting visitors, and providing exemplary customer service to patients, visitors, staff and corporate clients. The receptionist will also be responsible for operating the telephone system, collecting and distributing mail, typing correspondence, photocopying documents, and file management.
- Receive and direct all incoming calls via telephone and voice mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Open and close switchboard in a timely manner and demonstrates an excellent working knowledge or telephone/voice mail systems, equipment and procedures.
- Demonstrate good conflict management skills, focusing on client service at all times.
- Responsible for greeting all visitors to the office, ascertaining the nature of their business, and directing them appropriately.
- Prepare for mail or courier all items submitted by scheduled pick up times.
- Ensure all correspondence and documents are processed clearly, accurately, and promptly.
- Maintain schedule for bookings of meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment.
- Maintain log for shred boxes, fax machines, photocopy machine maintenance.
- Act as a resource for training of phone system, fax and pager system to new staff
- Ensure all phones are accurately programmed
- Coordinate and maintains accurate centralized phone, fax, pager and email lists of all employees in the office.
- Management of Filing system
- Work collaboratively with Admin Support staff of other programs
||•Post-secondary education in Medical Office Administration or related studies required
•2-3 year administrative experience in an office environment
•Proven to be reliable and punctual
•Exemplary customer service skills
•Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
•Exceptional computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
•Current criminal background check will be requested
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk sit, stand, climb stairs; Repetitive fine hand movements