Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Would you like to join an organization that provides innovative healthcare services across Canada? We are searching for talented and visionary individuals to play an important leadership role within the organization. VON is Canada’s largest, national, not-for-profit home and community care organization. We’ve been offering high-quality, innovative care and supports since 1897. Lead the VON team in meeting the healthcare needs of Canadians - it’s a job that matters!
||District Executive Director - Regular Full Time
|Program or Dept.
||Home Care & Private Pay
VON Canada, Eastern Region is currently looking to fill the position of District Executive Director. This position is based out of our Annapolis Valley Coldbrook office and will require travel across the District.
Reporting to the Vice-President & Chief of Practice, Eastern Region, you will be part of a strong Regional team in a national organization. You will lead an empowered team of managers and staff, including Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Home Support, Community Support Services and Administrative staff in providing excellent health and home support services. You will build strategic alliances and work closely with the Department of Health and Wellness and District Health Authorities. You will be expected to expand on current programs and develop new programs while participating on several local, regional, and national projects/ initiatives. You will provide leadership and support to the local community corporation.
Manage a revenue stream of over $11 million annually and a team at each local site to achieve results in client services, finance, business development, and program delivery.
- Develop and sustain positive internal and external relationships with departments and functions in VON, and with funders, clients, and community partners.
- Provide a framework to manage organizational culture, core competency management, leadership development, and drive organizational performance.
- Support the organization in achieving the strategic objectives by interpreting and influencing both the external and internal environments and by creating positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast- paced environment; Attention to Detail; Carry using appropriate lifting techniques;Grip; Walk, Sit, Stand, Climb stairs; Fine hand movements
||Annapolis Valley District
||Nova Scotia [NS]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||• Career advancement opportunities
• Training and skills development
• Flexible hours
• Competitive compensation
• Group benefit coverage
• Pension plan
• Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
• Employee assistance program
• Employee recognition programs