Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
|Program or Dept.
||The Home Helper provides homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. Collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being. Home Help workers will work within the Supports for Daily Living Program to assist clients with light house keeping chores.
||Assist clients with light dusting, vaccuming, laundry, cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, and other duties as required.
- Must have grade twelve education
- Food Handler's Certificate is an asset
- Household management experience
- Must be comfortable with seniors and persons with disabilities
- Capable of lifting moderate weight (e.g., food items or supplies)
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Current driver's license with reliable transportation
- Criminal background check required
|Other Relevant Information
||Home Helper will work for clients within the Supports For Daily Living Program. Clients are in selected buildings and within the community surrounding the buildings.