Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by Accreditation Canada.
||3919 - Strath ME - TFT
||Coordinator, Adult Day Program
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Adult Day Program
The Coordinator, Adult Day Program (ADP) is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day operations of a client-centred ADP and for ensuring the provision of cost-effective client services and programs related to seniors and adults living with a disability within the ADP setting.
This position is expected to be approximately 1 year in length and is for maternity leave coverage.
The Coordinator assesses clients for service, monitors service delivery and contributes to the development, evaluation and promotion of the program. The Coordinator is responsible for managing volunteers within the Adult Day Program (ADP) setting while taking the lead in volunteer orientation, training and in-services within the framework of VON Quality Management standards.
The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining regular contact with family caregivers and other health partners including, CCAC Case Managers.
** Other duties will be associated with this role, as assigned.
- Gerontology [post-secondary] Certificate or Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation (or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Knowledge and experience in program planning and coordination
- Experience working with the elderly in a social environment preferred
- Experience in assessment and evaluation preferred
- Knowledge of caregiver issues, including the health care system and community resources
- Able to collaborate with staff, volunteers, family caregivers and members of the community
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated excellence in organization and time management skills
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs