Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||Personal Support Worker
|Total Hours Bi-Weekly
||You will work with members of the Health Care and Personal Support Teams to meet the needs of clients in obtaining an optimal level of independence and well-being.
You will be responsible for providing companionship, personal care and health maintenance services to clients in their home, within the framework of VON’s philosophy, policies, standards and legislation.
- Certified Personal Support Worker
- Experience in personal care and/or household management preferred
- Experience working with the following clients groups is an asset: seniors, paediatrics, mental health, cognitive impairment, obstetrics, palliative/oncology, ill individuals
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good observation skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environment
- First Aid and CPR an asset
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance