Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||VON is Canada's largest, national, not-for-profit, charitable home and community care organization. We are a national health organization and registered charity offering a wide range of community health care solutions that meet the needs of Canadians from coast to coast. VON is committed to continuous quality improvement and is accredited by the Accreditation Canada.
||3899 - ST T ME - RPT
|Hours Per Week
|Program or Dept.
||Community Support Services
||The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Community Support Services (CSS) programs including, and predominantly, the Home Help Program.
||The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting a positive image of VON while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Secondary school diploma required; post secondary education preferred
- Minimum of three years professional and continuous office experience required
- Experience in working with seniors and adults with disabilities is an asset
- Procura experience is a strong asset
- Strong computer skills are required, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to quickly learn and work with a computerized Database Management software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as a member of the VON team
- Ability to maintain professionalism, as well as to work cooperatively with colleagues, clients, families, and other community agencies as required
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to accept direction, as well as the willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current criminal background check will be requested
||St. Thomas & Elgin
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
VON Canada offers:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Training and skills development
- Flexible hours
- Competitive compensation
- Group benefit coverage
- Pension plan
- Annual vacation and sick leave entitlement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee recognition programs
- WorkPerks Program